Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Job, Safe To Smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Duggix, Jun 1, 2013.

1. So Ive been job hunting for a couple month now. Because of this I havent smoke in 4 month to prevent a a pee test of dreaded hair test.

Well happily to report I landed a awesome job at a big corporation. Signed the papers and started this week.

I didnt have a pre-screening..

Ive read the handbook back and forth only mention of drugs is not to drink or be on any illegal drugs while on company property or time...easy enough

So should I celebrate with a toke?

I dont really want to run a question like this by somebody exp within my first 90 days.

SO thoughts?

2. sounds like you're good. 

3. Unless they tell you, I'm pretty sure this means no tests. Most jobs that require tests tell you right away, but if this is a corp. job then they might spring surprise tests on you, but I can't say for sure because I've never worked outside the service industry as a simple grunt.

well, it doesn't say not be on any illegal drugs while you're at home.
    I think as long as you're not acting weird or suspicious, there shouldn't be any surprise tests.

5. sounds good to go, and you'll be flying the extremely friendly skies after 4 months of not smoking

6. if they dont drug test you to get it then your good man.. just dont give them any suspision to give you one tho..

7. If the corp. is Walmart/Mcdonalds (I have relatively long-term direct experience in both) or similar companies, don't even worry about it. As long as you don't get injured/promoted, you won't be tested. Think about it from a corporate perspective: it costs money to DT someone. Unless that person is costing you money (injury/promotion/lawsuit), why waste money on it? Even if your performance is poor and it's obviously due to drugs (most likely not weed), it's cheaper just to fire you and replace you.

Smoke on brother :D

100% agree.  From what I can tell, most large corporations don't DT salaried positions.  They hire thousands of people, and have a very large turnover in employees (simply from employing so many people).  If they were to DT new hires it would pull directly from their profits, and in the current economy, any extra expense is not wanted.