New job :D

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Urge, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Was getting low hours at Quiznos so decided to apply to the papa johns as a driver next door to my work applied two days ago got a call for an interview today went and got hired on the spot for 20+ hours a week at 5.50 an hour 1.50$ per delivery plus tips yeah Ik it's a delivery boy job but I'm stoked to smoke and drive all day and get paid :D :smoke: start tommarow

2. Do you have to pay for gas?

3. The 1.50 per delivery is for gas

4. Doesn't seem like it would cover the cost of gas if the deliveries are 10-15 min drives? Oh well, I would kill for that job.... toke and drive all day, plus i'm sure you get free pizza

5. 5.50 an hour?

Is that legal?

My first job was papa johns, try to take 2 or 3 deliveries at once ;)

Keep a ton of cheese and peppers, I usually hand em out, fat tips.

You will get tipped in bud and pussy ( depends how you look).

6. I'm with maxammo $5.50 an hour I think the federal minimum wage is $7.50 and it's $8.50 here

7. 5.50 is legal, Because he has a job involving tips.

8. im a waiter i make $3.67 an hour plus tips.

but papa johns is legit.

If i had a reliable ride i would do that too.

9. I work there now as a driver and I fucking hate it and love it at the same time. I hate it cause the area I deliver to is ghetto so I barely get any tips. but other than that and spending almost all your money on gas it's great lol. all I do is smoke, deliver pizza, and eat free pizza so it's actually pretty tight

10. [quote name='"Honor Roll"']

im a waiter i make $3.67 an hour plus tips.

but papa johns is legit.

If i had a reliable ride i would do that too.[/quote]

I was a waiter before. I loved it. A great place to meet new people. And alot of girls. What kind of restaurant do you work at? And OP congrats on the job.

11. sorry, that dosent make total sense to me man what do you mean keep cheese and peppers hahaha

12. [quote name='"Urge"']

sorry, that dosent make total sense to me man what do you mean keep cheese and peppers hahaha[/quote]

Alot of drivers do not keep enough. Some places make you ask for it over the phone.

13. I work at O'Charleys, its like southern foods and it is nice and pays the bills for now but i would rather have a legit job but hey im a student right now. :smoke:

14. Delivery jobs are where its at.

15. Nothin' wrong with a delivery boy job :p actually my bro in law is an electrician, has the potential to make good money, but he's stayed a delivery driver at papa johns for 9 years.. simply because tips are good and he can smoke all day. went fine until a year ago someone told on him.. so now he's at dominoes haha.

16. sorry to double post but I just caught this... do they really get tipped in bud a lot?? lol and does that work well for female delivery drivers haha I may have to look into switching jobs

17. #17 Urge, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    Worked my first day last night, worked 7 hours made 40$ in tips and a free large pizza :D already on the schedule for 20 hours a week haven't smoked on the job yet got a bowl pack for today though :3

18. what kind of car do you have. delivery jobs depreciate your car like crazy, also don't tell your car insurance company.
    other than that, make some music playlists, and drive safely! good luck

19. [quote name='"giraffe"']what kind of car do you have. delivery jobs depreciate your car like crazy, also don't tell your car insurance company.
    other than that, make some music playlists, and drive safely! good luck[/quote]

1998 chevy lumina LS with a brand new 3k eng. wana get a new car though so don't really care about the wear and tear

20. First day on the job high as hell best day working of my life it's so relaxing and chill all us drivers have been sitting outside smoking and talking its epic