new job...changing light cycle times in later flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrbawkbegawks, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Ok.., so I've gotten by here not making a profile for about ten years and this is where i officially sign up to ask a pretty new question. This is the only thing I haven't had a solid opinion on from anyone in person and it is that if I am in week 7 of flowering would changing the time of day the 12/12 up to turning on at 1000 vs 1700 when I would normally get out of work and feed be a bad idea to affect them as such or might it be not such a big deal as long as they're getting 11/13 for a week? maybe 13/11?

3 1 gallon smartpot + 7 3 gallon smartpot (canna coco) on a screen with a 600 hps

earlier on we had a flood in the street causing the power to go out for 48 hours right after being topped as they sat underwater unknowingly drinking backup street water so that's why I had kept so many hoping they would do a bit better than they had and I don't need a smaller crop than already anticipated before the winter.

2. A one time light schedule adjustment during week 7 of flowering should not cause any problems, imo. When you make the adjustment, you'll want to take that 7 hours from the light period, not the dark period.

3. so as to just let them over sleep one night and wake up to a new morning on the correct and new time?

4. Yup, that's what I would do.

5. Thank you, suh.

6. You should be fine doing that. I say that because we had a power outage a few months back and were without power for about 20 hours. Just left the room in total dark, but my lights were about 6 hours late coming on. But when the power came back on the cycle picked back up and everything went fine. I think it's when you have several different light interruptions in a cycle that the risk of bad things happening goes up.

7. Yep, let them sleep late. We all agree. Longer light cycles can mess with you if they are "regularly erratic". The longer night cycle won't hurt a thing.
    Unless you're walking through the room in the dark and don't see that bucket and you kick it. That will hurt. Don't do that.