Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Jersey to the decriminalization!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blazedmymindbro, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Cool, in my state they have tried to get medical weed like 2-3 times, there suppose to vote on it in the fall

2. anyone know if illinois is doing anything towards decriminilization/legalization?

3. This won't happen with Christie in office. Also you probably forgot that we have legalized medical marijuana but nothing has been done about it. In reality, there are so many other problems NJ is facing that marijuana shouldn't be our focus.

4. If you have a good political system, they should be able to focus on a wide variety of topics at once.

If something is getting people thrown in jail, potentially ruining their lives and hurting their families... AND it's cost the officers time doing that instead of arresting violent offenders.. It's a significant issue that deserves to be looked at immediately. It might not be the only thing wrong with NJ but it still deserves focus

5. Thing is, NJ doesn't have a good political system lol. There are so many things that need to be addressed but they don't. Christie took a shit on our schools, we have politicians fighting over money, our taxes are a pain, and we have no money to fix many roads. Nothing moves forward here.

Plus it would be difficult to change the views of the hard-headed fools of our state. We're still trying to implement medical marijuana which nothing has been done about since being signed in January.

6. Does this mean it happened already or does this mean that it's up to be voted on or something?

7. This put such a HUGE smile on my face. Cant believe something can possibly happen soon :hello:

8. they just repaved 287 near me.

edit; jersey sucks =(

9. Weed is decriminalized up in Columbia, MO. Less than an oz and you just get a ticket of 250$ or less. Lucky ass Mizzou kids.

But that's great news for everyone in joisey! Congrats to you guys

10. Good luck. If the people I know from Jersey are any indication, it will be hard to get progress going.

11. Considering what's going on with medical I'm a little doubtful...but a guy can hope!

12. Cewl dood

13. The medical marijuana bill did pass and apparently there are dispensaries opening up in Manalapan and Secaucus.

The decriminalization is new, and I thank the assemblypersons for having some sense about the issue. It will always come down to an economical and resource issue, because NJ is running out of cash fast, and marijuana use is rampid.

We definitely have enough smokers to get the vote, but it's just gonna be a matter of who will get up and vote.

"I now know that all the time and resources I spent arresting people for marijuana offenses over the course of my career didn’t accomplish anything good. In addition to being a waste of money that should have been spent solving and preventing violent crimes, these arrests in many cases ruined otherwise productive people’s lives."

Couldn't have said it better

14. like they dont have a reason too.
    if i had to vote for it i would be first in line.

15. Right Christie's too busy trying to be shady with his corruption. He dont got time to legalize no mind altering MARIJUANA!!! ooo noooo!

EDIT:

Hmm.... I hope this does passes... Imagine Wildwood (If you go there during the summer) just blazing wherever...

Theyre actually really lenient with bud in wildwood, they just hate fights...

One cop took my friend's bud, smelled it and said dank... no lie.. and he gave it back... it was about a half.....

16. Over memorial day weekend I was there and some crazy gang member looking guys beat the shit out of a white guy while I literally just got done smoking haha.. I was stuck in the middle of it with my other two friends. Craziest shit that happened to me while I was high ever.

17. wildwood gets wild man, what can i say lol

18. If you ever say that BOLDED word on this forum again, I'll have to use my ninja skills on your ass.