New Jersey now Legal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Petho1, Jan 19, 2010.

1. So is it legal to possess weed in New Jersey now for medical purposes or what????

2. Last night, Gov. Jon Corzine (D) signed New Jersey's medical marijuana legislation into law. As a result, New Jersey is now the 14th state to protect seriously ill patients from arrest and jail for using medical marijuana with their doctors' approval.
    The bill had been passed by the New Jersey Legislature on January 11, passing by 48-14 in the Assembly and 25-13 in the Senate.
    The new law will not only protect medical marijuana patients from arrest and jail but also allows for the regulated dispensing of medical marijuana. When the law is implemented, it's likely that there will be at least six dispensaries for patients to obtain their medicine, two in each part of the state. Doctors will be able to recommend up to two ounces of marijuana to patients within a 30-day period.

3. If we can get Debra Medina elected we very well may be!

4. Hmmm, New Jersey is on my list of places to move to now :p Just gotta find a way to deal with the guidos.

5. It takes effect in six months guys. Still have a half a year to go. ;)

6. Which is about what it will take to find a new job and apt;):D

7. If you move to NJ for the medical marijuana, you're retarded. The only people that will get legal marijuana are the critically sick and the dieing. You need to have a major disease to be able to get it. If you move somewhere to get legal marijuana, why would you go anywhere besides the three west coast states or Colorado?

8. The guidos are from NY. Fucking bennys.

Our medical mj bill is way too restrictive. I hope it gets relaxed over time...

9. So true...

10. Not to give any props to MTV, but go down to the Jersey shore in the summer. Hell, go to Rutgers whenever. Jersey is full of guidos.

11. Yeah I was just gonna say you got guidos out in the hamptons and shit but jersey has their fare share as well.

I think someone mentioned it above, currently NJ shouldn't be on anyones list of states to move to because your insomnia card won't fly in NJ. Sorry bros

12. pretty sure I live right by the shore. You can even look at mtv.com because everyone on the tv show is from out of state except for like, two of them. :rolleyes:

13. That show Jersey shore gives such a bad name to Jersey...what a shame. Would not get your hopes up about getting a card in Jersey because most likly its not going to happpen.