new iphone

Discussion in 'General' started by dagobaker, Sep 21, 2008.

1. ok i want to get the new iphone and was wondering if anyone here can give me pros and cons from personal experience
    thinking about the 16 gig 3g version........please dont hold any punches.......wanna make an informed decision

2. Good phone, good internet speed. The only problem i forsee is the touch screen wearing out.

Which is why I went with the Black Berry Curve. I couldn't be any happier. But to each his own.

-AFD

3. pros: everything
    cons: expensive

4. money is not an object or a reason to not get it at all
    i would pay top dollar for a device that does it all and very very well at that
    im doing so much stuff between my greenhouse and triple (soon to be quadruple ) indoor grow i cant quabble about money........

5. #5 Bencker, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
    I've got the iPhone 3G. It's pretty damn good, sucks that you have to be careful with it cause its so damn expensive though :p

Now that i've had it for a while, i like it. But if i could choose now, i'd save myself money and buy another phone. It's cool and all, but i havent used any apps in like a month.

6. pros: good for everything else
    cons: the phone part about it sucks

7. i had it aint that good, get nokia n95 8gb, it what i have now its impressive

8. It's a great phone. Fast and it's pretty much a laptop that fits in your pocket. There are a few glitches though. Sometimes they act up when they shouldn't.

9. honestly youd be better off getting an ipod touch and a cheap cell phone to go with it, the quality on the phone in my experience was really bad, not sure about the new generations though.

10. The only thing I really would want it for is the internet connection everywhere there is cellphone service and voice recordings for lectures.

but hopefully the new Ipod touch in December lets me record. It has mini speakers on it. Can't wait to get it.

11. I went with a blackberry as well.

I like the design of the iphone and all, I just don't see how having a touch screen banging around in my pocket day after day could be a good thing in the long run.

12. as i said before......IM FUCKING CONFUSED
    its a 2 year commitment and i want to be sure......like buying a car u cant trade in if u dont like it

13. I'd wait a while until Google, HTC and SonyEricsson have released their new phones

14. Pros: Speed is lightning fast, GPS works as advertised and is extremely accurate, the new app store was a great addition to the new firmware.

cons: build quality doesn't feel as good as the first generation. The touch screen is glass, you're basically carrying around a very expensive small window in your pocket that will break, not the most stoner friendly device in the world.

Lack of physical keyboard, no tactile sensation or feedback when you press a "key" not very condusive to writing long e-mails or texts

Yup.. the HTC Dream for the android platform is coming in october, which will also coincide with T-Mo multiple city 3G network rollout, not exactly a coincidence

15. its a great phone, but supposedly google is going to release an even better/similar phone next month, so maybe look in to that. I've had no problems with my 8gb 3g, and it really is an incredible phone. Great way to kill time when your bored, or looks busy when you're avoiding talking to people lol. speaker phone works great, haven't had a problem with service/signal, internet works really well, very very few glitches, and tons of apps. charges quick and a charge usually lasts me a full day. if money isn't an issue, go for it

16. I must live under a rock, as this is the first I've heard about google releasing a phone. Everything google touches turns to magic though so it's bound to be good.

17. funny enough, There's actually a press event today to officially announce it, but it's been circulating in the tech blogs for years

http://gizmodo.com/5051534/android-dream-will-cost-199-get-low+price-data-plan-and-google-branding

http://gizmodo.com/5043836/more-htc-dream-pictures-leaked

video of the OS

http://gizmodo.com/5038586/an-in+depth-video-tour-of-android-09-an-almost-great-almost-os

18. i actually JUST read (after posting my last post) that google's Android is actually being released today. It sounds pretty cool. By most of the reviews i read, most people said stick with the iphone... but they didn't have anything bad to say about the android OS... it seems like if it catches on and becomes a universal thing, then it could be reallllly worth it; but its probably better to get the iphone now and see what happens with android

19. That thing looks awesome. Thanks for the links. Google seems to be branching out kind of fast nowadays.

Yeah, I don't plan on running out and buying one, I'll stick with my blackberry for now. It does look like a rather nice user interface though.

20. Google's android seems pretty promising, but there's gonna be a lot of carriers and phone companies not part of google's "alliance"...If you've got the money, get the I-Phone...