New Inline A/C- perc'd homemade (pics)

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by burning plants, May 17, 2009.

1. #1 burning plants, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    I started building this yesterday. The main tube comes from a just-add-alcohol martini mix bottle. I cut off the end VERY carefully (and slowly) with a dremel. Next I added the ash catcher- it comes from a small single-shot serving of some scotch my roommate got before hopping on the train in penn station. The neck of the small bottle fits into the neck of the larger bottle (tube) very tightly. To ensure that it was airtight, I drilled a hole through the larger bottles top (so it could remain in place, and add support) and sealed everything up with epoxy. Unfortunately it's plastic; I am actively looking for a glass replacement, but as of now have nothing. The bowl/stem is all assembled from brass plumbing fitting courtesy of Lowe's. Perc is from a small empty dropper bottle I found in the my bathroom. I drilled 4-1/8" holes in it with glass drill bits. The stem leading up to the perc is plastic tubing, similar to the type used in aquariums. Support for the bowl is made from a wire coat hanger, bent into shape.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still want to create some sort of stand, so it can sit upright on its own. I was thinking wood, but am still playing with other ideas. Also, there is still a lot of plastic shavings and dust all over everything. It will take a bath before use. :smoking:

2. I would've gone with a glass bowl but otherwise it looks good man.

3. #3 burning plants, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
    I was planning on it, but Utopia was closed when I went there today :(

The only part thats actually permanent is the brass 90 degree fitting thats glued onto the A/C. Everything else comes apart, leaving room for future improvements...

4. That is beautiful man, I am working on a glass a/c at the moment ;).

5. Nice piece. Gonna be a bitch to clean! :p

6. All most all of the pieces still come apart, so giving it a bath in some rubbing alcohol shouldn't be too hard...

I like how most of the people who responded so far are from Jersey :wave: reppin!:cool:

7. you should extend the downstem more in and make diffusor holes after that it would rip so smooth:hello:

8. Sick piece.
    Jersey also :)

9. Definitely want to see that thing get used by you in a picture or video when you're done. Looks legit.

10. That's one of the better (if not best) homemade pieces I've seen.

Get some milk shots up if you ever get a chance :)

11. looks nasty. i second the milk shots idea

12. Great detail bro, rep for innovating on your own!

13. I 3rd it..I wanna see that thing in action! :D

14. Unfortunately that might take a few days... I start a new job tomorrow (8am-5pm) so I'm going to be on the same schedule as my parents, as opposed to now when I basically keep opposite hours from them. In other words, I dont know when Im going to have the all clear to test this baby out until next weekend :mad:

15. Fucking AWESOME man!

16. yeah thats real sick. but i wanna see it used!

17. Oh shitty. I'm from the Garden State as well.. just bring it over here lol.

18. Milk shots are required! Nice craftsmanship man.

19. This looks great! Vid, vid, vid... come on Jersey, chant with me... vid... vid... gotta smoke it...

20. Well, the results are in.... the parents went out to dinner tonight, so i had the house to myself :cool: I made some final adjustments, added my new bowl (air hose adapter, with coat hanger handle) and let her rip.

Knocked me on my ass. :D

Im still working out a way to make her stand up, and a name to perhaps stencil/spraypaint on the side.... Once I have more time to work that out, and get some more alone time, there WILL be a video ;)