New Indoor Grow Setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jester87k, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Ok so im going to buy a tent and start an Indoor grow
    Tent is 55x55x79
    HTG Supply - Grow Tent | Silver Lined Grow Tent | Agromax Grow Tent
    What all meters do i need besides 1 for Ph?
    Also would u run a 600 or 1000 watt HPS?
    im gonna grow DWC in 5 gallon buckets im thinking. How many plants would u grow in this size tent ? i was thinking around 9? but would i yeild just as much or more from less?

2. I'd just run 4 nice sized plants that u can keep an eye on. A 600w would work nice and you will for sure need a TDS meter or ppm meter. I got mine for 16 bucks. The expensive one will be the ph meter... If you want to go digital. I just use the drops that you put into the water, does it's job pretty good.

3. How much would u expect to yield of 4 plants thou? i was hoping for around a lb off 9 .. So with 4 id think a lot less?

4. I would go 1,000w in that area unless electicity costs too much in your area...in which case I would go with the 600w.

You'd need a meter for pH, TDS/PPM and possibly EC and/or water temp. In soil you might be able to wing it with just a ph meter but hydro is more unforgiving ;)

My last grow I yielded about a lb off 6 plants under a 1,000w...

5. I'm pretty sure that could be an attainable goal. You just have to make sure everything is going good and you know the strain your growing. Experience is key. Experienced growers can pull down a lb from one plant. A lb from 4 is definitely possible.

6. #6 TranceKid, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    1 lb off one average plant isn't so smart... It's smarter to not veg for so long and have more plants so each can yield 2-3 ounces. ;)

7. so how many plants would u recommend?

8. #8 TranceKid, Sep 6, 2011
    4-5 plants that are at least maybe 4 ft tall.

9. I agree. I was just saying it's possible. But yeah def go with like 4 plants each one could easily get 3-4 ozs each. Even more so with scrog or topping/fimming.

10. kk ill go with 4 and run 1000watt ( 2 Strands) thinking White Widow and Medijuana

11. Sounds like a good idea. Are you going to have stand alone buckets or recirculating? If you wanna have a rez then I suggest you have two different rez, one for each strain. That way you can dial in the nutes for each strain easier.

12. #12 TranceKid, Sep 6, 2011
    That sounds good and I agree with the different rez idea.

13. 5 Gallon buckets so will each have own Rez

14. #14 TranceKid, Sep 6, 2011
    Good plan :)

15. Ill def be doing a Journal when i start mainly to show progress off and get any help if needed though out grow

16. Yeah but having a rez with two recirculating buckets would be alot easier than having to check and refill 4 buckets. Easier to do 2 rez. And the rez will only have 1 strain so it's the same amount of nutes.

17. I would think itd be alot harder to set up the DWC with a Res going to 2 buckets .. wouldnt i be able to just have 4 buckets filled with nutes. and just switch the lids to those and just keep Ph and stuff corrected ?

18. or would u not think switching buckets is a good thing?

19. Idk I guess its just personal preference. I like the res idea because you don't have to mess around with moving the plants and lids and buckets and shit. Especially if you are doing scrog. Also the res would be bigger than 5 gallons so the ph won't fluctuate as much.