New in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by hattrick390, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Hello everyone, a couple of friends and I just decided we're gonna start growing as of next year. However, we cannot grow indoors due to problems in the past and lack of money at the time.

SO, I was wondering what would be the best plants to start growing in the mountains of North Carolina. We all prefer the sativa strands, but we're open to anything to get us started next year.

If you guys could help us out, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance. :D

2. hmmm.... drive 2.5hrs south and come check out SeedBank o' Simms. haha. How high up you guys plannin to grow? will you need a strain that thrives in cooler weather and when will it need to finish by. give us a lil more info on your grow environment and we can see what we can dig up!

:smoke:

-ksimms

3. im right down the street from yall in 336. where at up there?? im all the time in mt airy and surry....and dobson.

4. meet me at chimney rock and we will burn a fatty and peep some nature! :cool:

5. Hey man.
    I'm from Haywood County.
    Waynesville, NC

Holla at me sometime.

6. haha we're about.. 2100 to 2200 feet up in elevation. the weather here is hot in the day and still not too bad at night. i'd say it gets to the mid 50's or 60's at night over the summer. the time it takes isn't a HUGE factor, shorter or longer is whatever. we don't really know when to start growing and all that good stuff. we'd probably grow, like most, in the woods somewhere.

i prefer the sativa strains because we like being social and having the great time. what else do you need to know? we're open for it all. but like i said, we're new so it can't be something incredibly delicate, although we will eventually get to that stage.

7. i would go for a hybrid. can you order seeds online? it seems like you guys could grow some dank. you said you cant start indoors, so you are going to have to find a place to start the seedlings. for me, my spot is in the woods about an hour away. i cant make this trip every day or two (you will need to for seedlings, but eventually it will get to 3 or 4 or 5 based on your weather). i found my local golf course worked perfectly :D
    next is planning your grow spot, start clearing out bushes and preparing the soil this winter. i have heard that putting a full dead fish in a hole where you plan on planting about 4 months before will make the plants explode once they reach it.
    i seriously advise you to look at this growfaq. its from another site, but it gives you all the info you want. http://www.rollitup.org/view.php?pg=faq
    you have time on your side, so spend a good amount reading on the internet. it will really increase your odds. another suggestion, try to grow your first wave of seedlings with bagseed. i am about 99% sure that they will die. once you have some experience, go with the strain that you want. and hey, if the bagseeds work, you have more plants :D

good luck man. start reading :)

8. yeah, we can buy seeds online. what kind of hybrid would you recommend? i have heard that to start the seeds put them in a damp paper towel and put that in a baggie, and that in a dark room for a few days, then the roots start coming out. and then plant them somewhere, is that right?

so when they are still small, go about every day, and once they start actually getting leaves and growing, we can go every couple days or so? dead fish? hmm. never heard about that. just one fish a couple feet deep will help the plants for how far?

so get some lower grade stuff to try out, and then once we know how go bigger?

thanks cannabisblunt! i appreciate it a lot.

9. no problem, i was in your shoes last december and i have gained a LOT of knowledge. the #1 thing is to read that guide and do online research. i would just look at seedboutique.com and pick out a strain that sounds good and fits your pocket. also, for some great genetics check out mandala seeds. honestly mandala gives some great seeds that are a pleasure to grow. about the germination, that method works, and there are plenty of other ones too. about how often to go, yes. it is going to have to be a "experiment and observe" type of situation. you want to water when the top part is crusty (this is for SEEDLINGS...it will be different later in the plants life).
    about the dead fish, its just some cool trick i have heard of. if you are growing in the ground id dig a 3 foot deep and 3 foot wide hole and stick the fish at the bottom. then add you planting mix (you can do more research on good soil later). this should last a while, almost all of the plants vegetative state. about the bag seed, definitely use it as practice. you will be happy with how much you learn. i know when i started i thought "ill just end up with about 10 females by the end" and i ended up with 2...
    keep reading! it really will answer a lot of questions