New illadelph tube but NEED ashcatcher HELP!!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by kgbuds, Mar 20, 2011.

1. So i bought a new illy a couple weeks ago but need an ashcatcher. I bought an ashcatcher (cheap) with a 3 downsteam perc. The shape of the ashcatcher is like a big pill bottle. The problem is there is ALOT of drag when using it. I also noticed that the ashcatcher itself doesn't hold a lot of smoke. With other ashcatchers ive used the a/c itself fills up like a minitube and then clears when ready. This one i just bought doesn't fill all the way up. Any ideas onto why? If you've ever seen the wiz khalifa mesmorized music video, the very end he rips his tube and the a/c fills all the way up and then clears without ease, super fast. Should i go out and buy a $160+ namebrand a/c? Will that solve my obsession on having the perfect set-up with not much drag like wiz illy setup (must refer to that since its easily available footage to watch). Thanks for the help.

2. the AC on his looks like a cheap china glass 4 arm. If i had an Illy i would have to get a matching Illy AC but those are pricey. if you want one like the one in the video BFG has a MGW 4 arm for 50.

3. Ya but the cheap one i got looks identical but the smoke doesn't fill the a/c like his does. Plus it has a TON of drag. Would an expensive one not have so much drag?

4. Just buy a expensive one. Less drag, more volume and no splashback.

5. Check your water levels, too much water might be the problem

6. When I pull a bong with an ashcatcher I like to rip it until the ashcatcher is almost cleared, then remove the ashcatcher and clear the bong like that.

7. Shit wasn't even diffusing. If you really look you can see that since he was tilting it, the percs weren't even firing.

8. Ya but when he rips it the a/c fill straight up and when he clears its instant. With this 3 perc its barely filling up and filling into the tube instead which seems to defeat the purpose of these.