new IL DUI laws..

Discussion in 'General' started by poodog313, Dec 19, 2008.

1. this is all new to me, but here we go

I just saw a typical don't drink and drive commercial but they said if you get a single DUI now you have to have a mandatory breathalizer installed in your cat type of thing, for 1 DUI!! What a harsh punishment, I think on the past you needed like 3 DUIs for this punishment.

Now I have no sympathy for selfish drunks who get behind the wheel and put others lives in danger... But I think this punishment is just a bit excessive

Opinions

2. im in maryland, and after my buddies first dui offense he had to get one of those installed. guess its spreading.

3. That's a good idea, don't get me wrong I have nothign against a little drunk driving, you need to be able to handle it though, I know plenty of people who can drive drunk and they will never kill anyone behind the wheel were as I'm not great at it and I know this so choose not to do it.

4. My opinion is that I don't think this is excessive.

Putting a breathalyzer-start in your car is just a way to make sure you don't drive drunk again. How exactly is it excessive? We should just let drunk-drivers continue that way?

I'm no saint but if you get caught driving drunk, it should get cracked down on quick.

5. I thought most states did this now ? I have one in my car...

6. As long as it cant detect THC. .

we're good fellas

7. I dont know im just sayin whres the slap on the wrist?!? give me a1000$ fine plzzzzz im just, somethin harsh but a breath test deal to me is just like damn a 2nd offense punishment atleast!!! Think of how many people are going to have these things now!! I just think its harsh i dunno.

for a weed possession first offense of like an 8th youl lget like 1000$ worth of fines and court fees...I dunno id be cool with 1000$ dui fine but not a breath test starter deal

8. y is this a harsh punishment

9. because up until now youve had to rack up like 3+ DUIs to get one of these things........what the fuck happened to the fines?!? I know it only takes one time to get into a bad accident....but goddamn..

I dont know I may not know the whole story behind these laws this might be an alternitive to get the DUI taken off your record or something gay, or take the fine and have a DUI on your record, maybe alot of stuff out there i dont know about this stuff cuz its new to my state

10. true. i would make it even harsher for alcohol though

11. My buddy got caught in his car SLEEPING because some party got shut down and he was too drunk to drive. Cop rolled up on him, pulled him out of the car and took him to jail. He has a breathylizer in his Tahoe now...for trying to do the responsible thing.

Fuck the police:mad:

However, if he were to have actually got caught swerving around in a neighborhood i wouldn't be too against that...drinking and driving is serious.

12. Why even fuck with all that?

The last time I drove drunk I was doing really well, holding my own. I was making a left turn and all of the sudden a cop appeared behind me. 2:10am in a college town... my stomach sank...

The cop followed me for 5 excruciating blocks... the entire time all I was thinking to myself was "SOOOO NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!"

Just call that scared straight.

13. I've had cops follow me before and I'll bring them around a block or something to make sure they're following me, once I had a cop on my tail so relentlessly I called 911 and made up an emergency on the street over so the cop would get the call. Worked flawlessly