New humongous planet hiding in our own Solar System?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by bobba loo, Feb 15, 2011.

1. #1 bobba loo, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

2. That's awesome.

3. everyday I come in this section, my grandmother was a lesbian

4. I still don't understand how we could of missed that big of a planet all these years, but find new planets, solar systems, and stars millions of light years away before seeing this first.

5. welcome to the family:wave:

6. Where is the source? I hate to be a doubter but when your dealing with bigass planets nobody has seen before you kinda have to be =P

7. Tyche

But I am a lil confused. Weren't they just saying they think there is a brown dwarf or some shit lurking out there? Now it's a gas planet that has yet to be proven.

I guess one thing is for sure, there is something hanging out out there.

8. always sunny in philadelphia, good show :wave:

9. Its a ET mothership...this is just a cover story

10. There's a planet that they still have to make sure it exists but somehow they are certain it consists of hydrogen and helium:confused:

11. well, if the options so far are either

a massive planet we haven't seen somehow or
    an "ET mothership"

it leaves me pretty fucking confused :confused:

are there any legit sources to back either claim up?

12. So aliens built a ship that is 4 times the size of Jupiter? And are just now chilling in the Oort cloud? No.

13. Tyche (planet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WTF?

375 x larger than what?

14. Got to love the public editing.

15. Turns out, this is where some aliens live.

(I wish)

16. there are a lot of theories out there of other planets in this solar system yet undefined by conventional science. Take Zecharia Sitchin's book the 12th planet for example; where he theorizes about a 12th planet with a counterclockwise orbit that lasts thousands of years. But who knows whats really out there. Unless we had a superpowered telescope to check it out lmao.

17. i just wanna know if weed is legal there

18. It's not really about telescope strength... I mean, look at Hubble and the shit it captures coming from billions of light years away. It's in the Oort cloud. Objects out there don't reflect a lot of light for us to observe. We just have to observe what we can see and make logical guesses as to what is there.

Found this, posted today... Astronomers Doubt Giant Planet 'Tyche' Exists in Our Solar System| Giant Planet Tyche Not Likely to Exist, Say Experts | Space.com

And this. Nemesis / Niburu renamed Tyche – Evidence points to brown dwarf orbiting Sun

So it's pretty safe to say something massive is out there, just won't know til it (if it even does) gets close enough to reflect some sunlight.