New house new Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MyStonerName, Sep 16, 2016.

1. So I just moved into a new place and I need a new grow area. In my last house I had a bathroom that never was used but now I'm pretty limited to a small prefab closet 12in L x 12 in D x 5ft tall so maybe one plant with the top or bottom as a veg chamber. Or I could really elaborate and make a work bench with cabinets on the bottom that would give me 5ft L x 2ft D x 3 1/2 ft tall. Only problem with a diy work bench is that it'd take alot of time away from my family to build it and alot of effort. I consider myself handy but a little lazy at the same time. The prefab closet is pretty much already built I just have to add my lights and fans. Plus the closet seems a bit tight on the sides but is plenty tall.
    For now I'm going to grow under cfls since I already have them but I want to upgrade to a mars hydro 300w sometime soon while still utilizing the cfls.

I'm basically just asking opions and discussion.

2. This will also be my 3rd grow

3. You could buy a big wardrobe closet and grow inside that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ive tought about that and I've thought about a fridge as well. It's just the room that the grow is gunna look a little weird with a bigger closet then what I suggested. And if I use a fridge or an upright freezer I can say it's just food storage or beer.

5. If you've grown before, you know what you've got to have and the perils along the way. Sounds as though you have the room for one good plant in there and the light you plan to get should flower a single plant quite nicely. The only problem I see you having is heat from the light, even though it's an LED, in such a confined space...especially if you cut the height to create a veg spot. Even the LEDs create heat when you close them up in a small space so you'll most likely have to put in the ducting and can fan to pull some of the heat out of there. But it shouldn't be all that big a deal and probably a 4" setup would work since it's just that single light. But you can't let the heat get up too high or the plants just won't grow. But other than that, put up some good reflective material around the inside of it, hang your equipment and go at it. I do suggest upgrading your lighting though...especially for the flowering off of the plant. You wouldn't believe the increase in harvest that having proper lighting over each plant gets you. Once you grow with a really good light, you'll understand. We started out with 2 1000 watt hps lamps and realized pretty fast that those were not enough to cover the space I had for flowering, so we ended up putting 4 per room. But giving them enough light is the key to growing the kind of buds we all hope to when we first start out. A lot of people think that nutes are the secret, but all they are is plant food. You only need enough to meet the plant's needs. Light, however, is the thing each plant has to have, along with the space, to get the most from each one you grow and you can always harvest more off a single plant that gets what it needs than you can by trying to crowd 3 into the same spot. Good luck with it all. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the input man. I have some fans laying around already. They look like pc fans but are much bigger and more powerful. They are for industrial breaker box's and such. Based on my experience they've worked pretty good when they are in the right spot in the box. Which is right above the lights

7. I've thought about tents but they are out of my budget at the moment

8. 4x4 tent in the corner of the garage or where you'd put the diy cabinet. Get a spectrum King led to keep heat down but yield great bud. Then grow in organic soil with no bottles nutrients to save money in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  9. So I just took an actual measurement of the prefab closet I have and the actual is 13 1/2 inches wide x 14 1/2 inches deep x 58 inches tall