New here, question about Florida mmj.

Discussion in 'General' started by Biostula, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Hi everyone! I'm new here, also new to Florida, we just moved here from Arkansas a few weeks ago. So I have a genetic condition that causes weak discs and chronic pain. I have 4 discs out, sciatica on both sides of my hips and legs, and general constant pain. Also have chronic depression.
    I have been on opioids for the better part of a year due to my pain and I want off of them. I'm only 22 and will have this condition for life, I don't want to be on heavy painkillers for that long too. I know mj works for my pain since before we moved and before I had a baby I was a heavy, daily smoker.
    Any advice on obtaining my medical card here?

2. Google Florida MMJ and get ready to do some reading...you'll find your answers there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. See a doctor licensed for medical marijuana - not any doctor will do. Bear in mind our Senate can't decide on exact rules so we are in a little bit of a limbo, but not sure to what extent.

Licensed doctor needs to be seen for 90 days before card is ever issued. Doctor needs to be continued to be seen every 90 days, following. Flower is not allowed. It seems, as it stands, capsules, oils, creams, and tinctures are only allowed. Doctor's fees do not include dispensary or (if applicable) card fees.

ETA insurance is not accepted at dispensaris as it is still a federally illegal/schedule 1 drug. Be prepared to pay out of pocket. Not sure about doctor's fees (I know my pain management doc is licensed in mmj but she is self pay for her entire practice).

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think I'd just aquire and smoke without a doctor's recommendation. Not suggesting you do anything illegal. Just saying, what a bunch of stupid shit you have to jump through to get the medicine you need. Especially considering that if you saw a regular doctor, you'd walk out of there with a bottle of highly addictive opioid based pain killers the very same day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1