New here. Not really a big smoker BUT...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Velle, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nope, never tried a glass pipe. Just bongs and joints. The anxiety never used to happen... Then one day I think I smoked some really crappy weed and it left an impression on me. It just made my throat dry and it was hard to swallow and breathe. Worst weed ever

2. The anxiety or paranoia when smoking weed is all in your head honestly, just chill out and accept the high and live with it not focus on it. I always used to fight it and try to act sober infront of my parents...it would give me bad or unenjoyable highs. So now I just chill out and forget about me being high, and focus on what I'm doing. Oh, and sativas are the best for recreation, they deliver a strong and euphoric head high. But indicas have a Stoney, relaxed, and mellow body high wich puts you to sleep. Go figure health Canada has it ass backwards.

3. Lol yeah, it does seem backwards. They are proposing to offer new strains from but who knows how long that will take before its available.

4. My girl has the same problem. Shes smoked regs with her friend and would chill

But one day i rolled a couple fatties and we were walkin with some friends and after we smoked the first blunt she started mumbling an saying shit like " things are not what they seem. Im dying! My breath is compelling extraterrestrial activity.)

Just dumb shit,

I sat with her in the walmart parking lot in my car

For like 3 hours straight, no joke.

I laughed at her the whole time until she sobered up.

5. I love that feeling. I built a big Grav in the bath tub just to get myself there. I kinda just pass out and have a seizure on the floor, but in my head I'm just scared and confused. It's just a good feeling

6. Ab soul kills that shit

7. Oh and smoke snappers, snappers are when you only pack enough weed for one solid hit. This way, you always get good tasting greens, conserve weed, and don't smoke too much. And when you are smoking for medicinal reasons always try every method of using cannabis and all strains you can get your hands on. Maybe you will actually fall in love with one. Haha, that's how I feel about afghan kush.

8. Omg... I'm glad my boyfriend doesnt laugh at me lol though it is pretty funny afterwards

9. That's true, right now health Canada only.offers.one strain... Hopefully they will offer more in the future

10. What strain do they offer?

11. Hey, welcome to the city :smoking:

Yeah, everyone has to develop a certain degree of tolerance for the THC,
    going from sober to being really stoned on some medical will send you soaring.

Medical Marijuana is potent.

That might be good to keep in mind while smoking it :p, but remember that no matter how much of it you smoke in one session you will never overdose, unlike those prescription pain pills you have..

I'm surprised you're not more scared of those more than you are the Marijuana.

It's probably a good idea to smoke maybe just one or two hits before bed each night until you feel like you can smoke more.

Whenever you start to feel uncomfortable (having anxiety, heart palpitations, mind races) Just get up, go get yourself a nice cold drink, and occupy your mind until you start to calm down. It's only a side effect of the marijuana and it will always pass.

If i ever start to feel uncomfortable after smoking, i always just tell myself "this is because of the potency" and that's exactly why. I just occupy myself with whatever it is that i'm doing, and get a drink. It always passes.

No Worries.

There's always the initial uncomfortable feeling after blazing up the bowl for the first hit of the night until you have more of a THC tolerance from smoking regularly (nightly) , i'd keep all of that in mind.

I hope you'll become more comfortable and get some sleep, i have no doubt that marijuana can help you, and it's good to hear you're getting rid of those prescription pain pills.

Marijuana will be a lot easier on your body.

12. Thanks so much, that's really good advice... You seem to really understand my situation. And I'm sure it will be much better than the prescriptions! I think the having a cold drink and keeping my mind occupied will be really useful... And keeping in mind that its the potency making me feel that way (not that I'm going crazy)... I really appreciate your input!

13. okay so the other day i smoked for the first time in months

two friends and i rolled 2 blunts and i was pretty excited cause i'd been craving a good smoke. So i guess I got a little carried away.. I had only smoked a few times maybe 6 times before this. I had told my bf about a year ago that i wouldn't smoke again..so before smoking i had some doubt in my mind as that fact stuck in my head.
    I had never really gotten that high before. Previous times that I smoked, I just kinda felt relaxed and giggly.

So we go backk inside after smoking, and I felt that relaxed giggly high like usual. The first thing I remember was sitting on the bed with my friends laughing our asses off but idk what we were even laughing at. Then I just remember realizing I was grabbing my face and everything was like spinning and moving back and forth. Its like I was delayed and I didn't realize what was happening and what I was doing until a few moments after. I kept asking my friends if it was a dream and if we were going to die. I was just so confused. And then my friend thought she saw someone outside, and thats when paranoia had set in. I never felt any of these symptoms the other times I had smoked. It was really cool and relaxing at first- when everything was kinda trippy and I didnt know what was happening. All I knew was I was laughing and I was happy.. but then I just started getting scared and I began to notice my heartbeat. I didn't know half the things I was saying, and when I tried to eat I was like shaking and eating really fast, and a few times I missed my mouth.. I was really worried about my friend too her eyes were red as fuck and she was laying on the floor. As for my friend who supplied the weed, she was perfectly fine. She claims that this was how this weed always is.. but she was perfectly normal when my other friend and I were freaking out, so I think she didn't take as many hits as us idk..

Time seemed to drag by rather than fly by, and when I decided to lay down my heartbeat seemed to be getting faster and it was becoming harder to breathe. I legitimately thought I was going to die. At that point I just wanted the night to end, but I couldnt fall asleep. I tried to think of things to calm me down, but all just seemed to end up making matters worse. My mind wouldn't stop running and I felt like i was going insane. I finally fell asleep, and the first thing I thought when I woke up the next morning was "thankgod everything is leveled and I am sober"

I did some research and I came up with a few reasons as to my experience was as bad as it was:
    -I hadn't smoked in several months
    -this weed was stronger than I was used to
    -I took more hits than I could handle. Low Tolerance
    -before smoking I had a guilty conscience in reference to my bf and the fact that I promised I wouldn't smoke again. So maybe those negative thoughts had a negative reflection on what type of high I had.

Any feedback?

14. Smoke a Indica strain and you won't panic as much at all.

15. Sounds like you had a panic attack. Definitely a combo if mind over matter n not smoking in a long time