Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New here, not new to smoking...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mister Fox, Apr 19, 2011.

1. How you guys doing. I'm new to posting here, although I've scoped out the forums a bit before while looking to learn a bit here and there. First time I smoked, I was 16. I got somewhat buzzed, but not too much. Once I turned 17, I picked up a blunt occasionally and got ripped a few times. I'm 19 now and for the past few months I've smoked a few times a week, sometimes multiple times a day for a few weeks straight, depending on my money situation.

Picked up my first piece about 2 months ago.
    Named her Katy Perry cuz she hits like a firework.
    [​IMG]

About 2 weeks ago, picked up one a bit smaller, for better portability.
    Sabrina
    [​IMG]

And my boy's bowl, I kind of adopted it though, because he's always broke and I smoke him up constantly.
    Claudia
    [​IMG]

I would like to look into growing sometime soon, but don't have much money. Some good advice for the monetary challenged would be greatly apprecieated.

2. On the growing subject, you don't need much money to grow a few plants. If you want to go big scale, then yes you need money.
    For a personal small grow, you don't need all the fertiliser shit. Just use good grade soil and that's you sorted.
    And for your first grow, use bag seeds as you don't want to buy expensive seeds just to waste them.
    Do you know a lot on growing?

3. I don't know TOO much about it, but I've always been pretty good at picking up stuff fast and I'm not retarted when it comes to both growing plants and dealing with dank.

4. #4 KingDank, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Read up on as much as you can. Go to the marijuana cultivation forum and go to absolute beginners. I used that when started and helped me greatly.
    My advice would be to start small and to not buy all the expensive high tech stuff until you learn the basics and know the routines.

5. Yeah, I've skimmed through the culti forum a bit just to get the basic idea compared to regular plants. My one concern is that I really don't have a place inside to do it at the moment, unless I can get into the crawl space under my basement and that may cause space and electricity issues. Would I be able to get any to grow outside in say, southern New York (assuming I have a place to put it where it'll be safe)? Or would the weather not be, for lack of a better word, tropical, enough?

6. #6 athensman, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
    I think you would really struggle big time outdoors for a LOT of reasons. However, there is good news. You may not think you have room right now, but you really do. Go to the micro grow section of the cultivation, and you can get all sorts of great ideas for tiny grows. Sure it's not a five foot tree yielding 8 ounces, but if it's just for personal use you can grow decent amount in a really small space. I'm guessing by your age you are probably in college now, living in a rented house or apartment or something... There is probably more space and options available to you (if that is actually your situation, I could be wrong) than you realize.

But look, read, and learn, and def give the micro grow sections a read through.

7. #7 KingDank, Apr 19, 2011
    To be honest outdoor grows are better but harder to control.
    As long as it gets an good amount of sunlight and a sufficient amount of darkness then your good to go.
    However if it starts to rain heavily. Get your plant as you don't want it to drown. But a bit of rain is ok as it also has the perfect pH needed.
    Even here in Northern Ireland you can grow outdoor with our weather.
    But yeah, if your up for the effort then go for it.

8. As per Athensman, I bounced over to the micro grow forum and was surprised at how many people use old computer cases for small plants. I started a thread over there and I'm hoping to get close to having basically a step-by-step guide on setting it up.

As I go through the process, I'd love any advice you guys have to give and some help on when and how to care for it.

9. #9 KingDank, Apr 19, 2011
    And help you shall get. I'll head on over and sub to your thread :) good luck!

10. Thanks. As of right now, it's mostly the right supplies I'm worried about. I'm awesome when it comes to building stuff. Made a few different types of pipes/bongs over the winter and I do a lot of radio and computer wiring, so I'm used to dealing with smaller spaces and fragile parts.