Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New here, Michigan Wolverine reporting in.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MIW, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hi guys, girls, and others!

Just signed up with the hope of participating in the medible area. Ive been transitioning to medibles over vaping for almost a year. Right now I dab a little rosin and use a couple portable concentrate vapes. (not e cig types, just straight rosin). The reason for switching is for health as I have asthma and have had serious bouts of pneumonia in the last few years.

For gear I have a wide variety of choices for medibles. I grow my own and make rosin, dry sift hash, and a winterized rso or feco.

We, my wife and I, make medicated chocolates using silicone molds, capsules with coconut oil, feco, and lecithin. The occasional brownie mix, and tinctures, whipped honey butter, medicated maple syrup and probably others im forgetting. I prefer using feco over herb to better get a handle on the strength of dose.

If anyone has questions on my listed medibles id be happy to answer to my best ability. MIW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. @MIW, welcome to Grasscity! Sounds like you and the wife have it going on. I'm impressed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The name for them is Edibles not Medibles dude lol

4. Thanks for the welcome! To be honest we're experienced, as in old, lol. Im 66 yr old and have been growing legal indoor crops since 2009, and gorilla growing before that. But there's always more to learn, and after lurking here and other forums I think the knowledge here provides a good vehicle to learn more. And hopefully I can help others learn along the way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I look at it as medical vrs recreational. And I do use both terms, but for us its medicine, hence medibles. ymmv

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Old person here, too. Newly 68. I'm in VA and our medical program just went live and we decriminalized finally. Maybe one day I'll be growing again.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Welcome to GC.
    How long before Jim Harbaugh gets fired?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Not soon enough, lol. I'm a football fan but I don't live or die by it, my handle is an old one I used here back in the day, not really a reference to the U of M.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Go Blue

• Like Like x 2
  10. Once Milton gets some experience; he could be the QB to finally get us to the championship ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. You don't need a QB........you a need a coach that's not an asshole.
    Harbaugh will never produce a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Breaking my heart Mick.
    But I have no rebuttals since we already lost to Michigan St and are on course to lose to Ohio St like we do every year.. so yeah :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've heard them called "medibles" forever in the medically legal states. It's a common term here in the US. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. I'll be damned.....welcome back @MIW . Truth be told, @jerry111165 let me know you were back. Good to see you again.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I’d welcome you but even though your handle is new we were hanging out here in GC Organics a dozen? Years ago - so instead of an initial “welcome to GC” hows about a “welcome BACK to GC”...

;)

Its very good to see you pal.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Welcome Home, I too share your interest in the Medibles, as I too have used them for years myself.
    PsychedeSam and Brassnwoods seem to be the go to edi, medi , cookers here Both have excellent threads that offer great advice.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks, it's like old times again, where's coot? Lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Hi Chunk, good to see y'all too! It's been a minute, eh?

Ive had spotty internet service since ive moved to the sticks in 2012, so I haven't been on the forums much.

Im still slaving away in an organic indoor garden, outdoor organic raised bed veggie garden and tending worms, growing comfrey, fermenting fertilizers and the whole deal bro. Hope y'all are healthy and rocking a garden as well.

I noticed jerry's handle and pm'ed him. Sho nuff it was him, lol. Now that ive achieved geezerdom Ive taken to medibles. And that brings me here.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LOL.....I just went on Medicare in July so I'm right there with you in "geezerdom". Sounds like time stood still and you're still at it the way we were doing it back in the heyday. I miss all the folks that were there in the beginning of GCO. Every now and them an old member will pop back in to see what's happening but TBH, once you adopt this style of gardening, you have all kinds of time to pursue other hobbies..

I saw you mentioned Coot back a few posts. I still see him quite a bit and talk to him regularly. He's moved on from growing weed and is now immersing himself in mushroom cultivation. In fact, he's teaching me all about it but unfortunately, we don't allow the discussion of the fungus we're cultivating.

He had a "widowmaker" heart attack a few years ago and has really gotten on the healthy lifestyle bandwagon. He and his wife are both retired, and they religiously walk their dog 2 miles 2x a day.

Glad to see you're doing well and have returned to GC. Come poke your head in the O Lounge and say hello. A lot of new faces and some cool folks.

All the best!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Welcome In-Back.
    <-- one of the Edible Oil makers.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Based off BadKats most excellent original work.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1