New Here, First Grow, Progress With Pics.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Gary147852, Apr 22, 2016.

1. You shouldn't have done that. Do you know what topping is used for? And do you fully understand cannabis' anatomy? You cut the the growth shoots as well it looks like.

Mr.Nice's Indoor LED/CFL Grow

2. Ever hear of trying way too hard? KISS - keep it simple stupid. He's cutting off growth, he's using rubberbands like he's light years ahead of everyone. Gary you don't have to try so hard. When I started years ago, I didn't get on a forum. I learned on my own. That's how you do it. you're completely overthinking it all. Plant, light, air, water. Try that. Having roots exposed in a clear container?? Then taping it up? Just do it right the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #103 Gary147852, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  4. There aren't any rubber bands, its the same blue tape that's every where else. if i wanted tall plants i wouldn't top it.

5. I wasn't calling you stupid by the way. I'm sure you're very intelligent. Experimenting is fun. Each invididual grower figures out what works for them. Sorry I thought it was rubber bands.

6. My point is do you know what you actually cut? There are 3 growth shoots, topping is used to stop the top and focus the energy on the 2 new shoots instead. It looks like you cut all 3. That was my point. Topping has to be very accurate

Mr.Nice's Indoor LED/CFL Grow

7. I only cut the central stem, left the 2 side nodes, I would take a better picture but my phone is only 8MP

- Aristocrat

8. Here are the two new tops.[​IMG]

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looking beautiful. [​IMG]

- Aristocrat

10. Looking good. The thing about these plants is everyone finds their own methods. I actaully have a plant i dropped a fan on. It split it in half but now it's flowering. Bud is frosty and smells good. This plant is my Frankenstein. I'm really interested in how the plant reacts to cuts and stress. I learned yesterday that it's possible that plants can feel the vibrations of predators eating their leaves. When this happens, they produce more resin and thc for protection. Which is good for us because that's what we like. Peace Gary.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hmm maybe ladybugs are in order.

- Aristocrat

12. #112 Gary147852, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Day 22

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 13

[​IMG]

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  13. Day 23

[​IMG][​IMG]

Day 14

[​IMG]

AND!!!! TOPPED!

[​IMG]

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm subbed

• Like Like x 1
  15. You get +1 for the double entendre username

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Come bud no updates yet we're all Waiting

17. #118 Gary147852, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Worry not updates will come, but I had to migrate my plants, long story short, they got thrown out, by the woman that got the same treatment.

Luckily I got bookoo seeds, and she no longer has a key to my house.

Additionally, im more or less happy the plants weren't much older than they are now, short recovery time.

- Aristocrat

18. Speak of the devil I'm in similar situation only the ole lady says u spend more time with those plants then me I told her life's box of chocolates you never kno Wat your gon get deal wit it or bounce she bounce now I wake up to bud sleep wit bud etc lmao

19. In my case, the woman that threw them out, is my crazy ex, she tried to feed me some crap about her "having the police over, and them confiscating them, and she added that I had a warrant out for my arrest." I called the sheriff dept, no warrant, called the police department, no warrant.

1. If she had called the police over she would've got arrested, my daughter would also be state custody.

2. These "Police" would have confiscated all the grow box, grow lights, nutrients, water, extension cords, power strips, and timer. All of which are still in my possession.

3. There would be "Police" waiting for me when I got home.

It's really a sad day that people think they can scare me with easily deciphered lies.

- Aristocrat