New Here, First Grow, Progress With Pics.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Gary147852, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Just stuck a large rock in the hole where the cap screwed on. So that the hole could never be completely blocked. Started putting medium on top.

- Aristocrat

2. Gary you rock! Love to see that fresh green growth coming in. Just beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I started low stress training on both plants today.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  4. What are you using for your soil?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Continue reading through the thread, you'll learn not to use it.

- Aristocrat

6. Looks great!

One thing I hope gets brought up for discussion sooner rather than later,.. the 2 liters you're using as pots. While I don't think it's a problem to use them, I've read that roots should receive absolutely 0 light. Is it recommended you tape them up or something to block the light from shining through?

I'd hate for this to be an issue down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Then the plant should tell me what needs to be done, we know that plant will not utilize the top 2 or so inches or soil, this is because of the light level, we know this because if we put additional soil the roots will then occupy the space they avoided prior because there is less light, if I don't see the roots come to the side, Ill know they are avoiding the light.

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lol it seems like you've got it all figured out man.

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 3
  9. No, just restating what I've read, in my studies, and applying logic accordingly.

- Aristocrat

10. Your vocab is on point, I give you that, you remind me of a younger me... Lol.. So where in those studies did you read New Zealand sphagnum peat moss was good? And light for the roots? I thought you were experimenting, not relying on logic and study, because if that's the case, you're falling behind. Experiments, I can understand. But learning the hard way, goofy. Learning off of others mistakes helps us learn some more and at a much cheaper price. Lol. People on here have good tips, and you can certainly classify that under your "study." Taking advice never hurt anyone, and if it did, that person would have better advice.

Best of luck in your grows my friend. I hope the studies and logic get you where you wish to be.

Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 1
  11. everyone misunderstands me.

- Aristocrat

12. Homie, it's not that people misunderstand you, your just choosing to do things in a way that goes against the grain. Just some advice. Don't act like you know what you're doing. All of us, really don't know what we're doing. We're always constantly learning. Your attitude is what gets people, you act live you've been growing for decades like my grandfather but you havnt. And good growers are humble and know how to take advice. Just so you know, you should be in veg fully before starting lst. Also just get normal pots, the plants roots won't avoid the sides but light exposure will destroy the roots. Trust me I do bottle grows in my classroom (teaching asst.)

Mr.Nice's Indoor LED/CFL Grow

• Like Like x 3
  13. And that's just from what you've read. It's all about personal experience. A) most of my 3ft + plants are showing there roots above the soil by the end of veg. Strong healthy tree looking roots,so they do utilize the top inches. B) there a few genetic defects in cannabis that disprove that. Look up the creeper genotype, the colas get heavy, fall along the ground and for new roots underneath. Had this happen to me last fall up north and didn't even think it was weed at first. Just learn the learn, be humble and don't rely solely on studies and peer review journals. Guaranteed my grandfather grows better cannabis then any botanist or geneticist

• Like Like x 3
  14. Case in point.this is why typically stick to myself, people peg me as arrogant, in reality my self esteem is beneath my feat.

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  15. Naw man don't think that way, you're really starting to sound like me. Lol. We're just trying to save you money, heartache, confusion, wonder, questions, the whole nine yards. Whatever it may be. That's what grass city is for in my opinion... If you wanted to do things your way with no input or feel for change, then say so, maybe people wouldn't give you advice and feel disheartened when you tell them you know everything yet are asking questions. We've all been there man... We're here to help, not demolish your grow, I promise. Most of us speak based off of experience and yes, experiments, not studies or research. It's all about sharing the knowledge and love.

Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 2
  16. You both remind me of myself, and Gary in my younger years. I was like that too, I thought I knew the world, but it's been close to 10 years later, I know I've gained more knowledge, but I feel like I have less based on me not thinking like I know everything lol. No ones trying to bash your grow, if anything were trying to make your grow successful, which is kind of amazing considering your on the outside of the world. But don't feel bad about anything anyone's been saying about your grow, it's just advice. When I was first learning, around your age if your profile age is correct, and I remember killing like 20 seedlings and wanting to give up. But it's all about being able to take advice, my father was a scientist (bio chemist) but was also a farmer, so I got to learn about genetics as well as classic agricultural skills which in turn applied directly to me growing now. If anything, we want your grow to be successful, if we didn't, we wouldn't be trying to give advice, we would've kept letting you use that moss

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wow. Hubris with a factor of 10. I don't have your level of expertise on all things but Im going to watch and see how your stuff turns out. Tommy Chong should be knocking at your door any minute to beg for some. I noticed you said people not friends. Wonder why?

18. I wasn't trying to start anything @Gary147852, just a discussion. I'm no pro, I was just sharing what I read somewhere. After posting, I spent a little longer actually googling the topic and couldn't find anything conclusive saying clear containers are good nor bad. Some people say it's not good, while others have reported growing successfully in clear containers for 5+ years without issues!

I only hope to see your plants grow out healthy and happy! I thought discussing the topic of clear containers would only help, not start arguments. Most people I've interacted with here seem to provide polite constructive criticism. I hope you understand that's what we're trying to do when we ask about your setup.

Either way, I'll continue following and hopefully learn some new things as your grow goes on.

Best of luck!

• Like Like x 2
  19. #99 Gary147852, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    To appease the Grow Gods, I taped up the sides. [​IMG]

Day 17
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Day 8

[​IMG][​IMG]

The roots did come to the sides.

[​IMG]

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  20. I microtopped my oldest plant, cut the growth tip above the third node.
    Day 18. [​IMG][​IMG]

Day 9

[​IMG]

- Aristocrat