New here couple ?s

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newbiegro, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Long time reader first post. I am doing my first grow.
    I'm growing Ak47/Whitewidow. I'm growing in a 4x4 tent under 8 t5 ho bulbs. I have feminized seeds. Two of the plants are thriving and look great. The third one popped with the seed shell still on it, now a week later it just has the two starter leaves and they are pointed straight up. Is this normal or ?
    All three are being grown in ffof mixed with regular potting soil and Perlite.

2. is the seed casing still on? this is called "helmet head". This has happened to me a couple times, i've noticed a dramatic slow down in veg growth but don't get discouraged. stick with her and pay a little more TLC than you normally would and you'll be fine.

3. No the seed cap has been off for about a week

4. I've only noticed the Helmet Head to retard growth in the first week or so in Veg. Dont worry she will catch up.

5. had the same problem, soaked the seed down and tried to remove it, and it ripped the cotyledon leaf right off! only slightly stunted but still looking healthy as ever!

6. Thanks guys. I'm nervous and excited at the same time lol.

7. You bet brother, there is nothing like seeing the friuts of your dreams and work growing in front of you. Makes me wanna be a farmer lol