Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New here but looking for info on medical marijuana to see if it would help me

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by C8EE, Sep 15, 2019.

1. I don't know how to post one of these like legit sorry in advance. Lol. Anyway.. I live in Missouri which is just recently a medically legal state. I dont currently smoke marijuana. I have medical problems and take medications that i think pot could counteract the side effects and help me with pain managment. I have arthritis, nephrotic syndrome, a blood clot in my leg and anxiety. I think that marijuana will help me with these things but i cant find much information. Im also on steroids so the side effects of that i believe could be counteracted with medical. Does anyone else have these medical problems and use or take medical marijuana to help? Due to my kidney problem i cant have opoids for pain. So im just dealing with pain, anxiety and migranes. Any help is appreciated!

2. Weed is great for alot of the chronic stuff like arthritis, neuropathy, inflammation, low-to-moderate chronic pain and others. I'll only comment on the physical stuff. You're on your own when it comes to psychological symptoms and treatment, but it seems to help with depression, from most accounts I know of. Be wary of anyone prescribing anything specific - especially when it comes to mental health issues.

3. Use the search bar and look up Granny Storm Crows list. Biggest list of medical articles I know of

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Hi hon, I'm Granny. You can find my List here-
    New 2019 "Granny Storm Crow's List"!

First thing, if you get edibles, start LOW - 5 mg at the very most. Wait at least 2 hours before taking any more! Chocolates "come on" a bit quicker than gummies. My late husband had digestive issues and gummies did little for him, but chocolates worked just fine.

Smoking- find out what percent of THC and CBD your cannabis has. Since you have anxiety problems, you need strains that have a bit of CBD in them! CBD counteracts a lot of the anxiety that our modern "virtually pure THC" strains can produce.

Vaping- skip the vape pens unless you know that they are ones that were tested by 3rd part labs. There is another very safe alternative- "desk top vaporizers". They use flower, not oils. I have a little "Vapor Brother's Hands-Free" (run a search) that is over a decade old and works fine in spite of "abuse" (my husband had a knack for snagging cords with his feet). No smoke to hurt your lungs, no bags to buy like with the "Volcano" (an expensive vaporizer) and you can really taste the terpenes (flavor compounds).

There are several good types of vaporizers on the market, but do NOT buy a cheap E-bay knock off! There have been reports of people becoming chemically sensitive after using them!

Arthritis? I have that in my hands and a touch of carpal tunnel, too! I get relief from my home made balm. To save my self some typing, I'm going to post up what I hand out at the dispensary I volunteer at. Beeswax can be found at sewing and craft shops, or even cheaper online. I found 1 lb of fancy beeswax for less than $10 online about 2 years ago, still have about 1/4 lb, and I make a lot of my balm.

[​IMG] Granny’s Simple Cannabis Balm [​IMG]

It is very easy to make your own, no “high”, pain-relieving cannabis balm! You will need about a tablespoon (or two, for a stronger product) of well-crumbled cannabis buds (any variety), a half cup of an edible oil (I use a mix of olive oil and hemp seed oil), a little bee’s wax, and a bit of mint extract or your favorite perfume (optional).

Put the oil and cannabis into a coffee mug and set it gently heating on one of those little coffee cup warmer hot plates for about 8 hours. Then use a tea strainer to strain the cannabis out of the oil and discard the plant matter.

Pour the oil back into a clean mug and put it on the warmer. Now here’s the part where you get to decide how thick you want your balm to be- adding the chunk of bee’s wax to your warm oil. Start with a piece that is a bit bigger than the size of a marble, break it into smaller pieces, and let them melt into the oil. Placing a saucer on top of the cup will help keep the heat in and melt the wax faster.

To test the thickness of your balm, take a teaspoon and remove a little of the mixture and let it cool. If your balm is too thin for your liking, add more wax, let it melt, and re-test. Too thick, stir in a spoonful more oil and re-test. Just right? Stir in a bit of mint extract or a spritz of perfume, and pour it into a clean jar while the balm is still warm. You are done! It is that simple to make your own cannabis balm at home!

I have migraines from a childhood head trauma. I have found, that for me, indicas work far better than sativas.

And you need to increase the amount of Omega 3 in your diet by eating wild-caught fish, flax seed, hemp seed, hemp seed oil, and grass-fed beef. (Since you have had blood clot problems, you should talk to your doctor before using Omega 3 supplements.) The little CB1 receptors that cannabis activates can't be properly made without some Omega 3! This can affect your ability to heal, or get high, with cannabis!

My experience with Omega-3 (6 months usage)

MOST of our cooking oils are high in pro-inflammatory Omega 6 and have little or no anti-inflammatory Omega 3! Hemp seed oil (100% legal, no high but makes a great salad dressing) has the right balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6 for optimal human health! The Omega 3/6 ratio is one of the things that is fueling America's ill health! This is something you REALLY need to look into!

“Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects.” From “The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids” . The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids. - PubMed - NCBI

I think that covers it!

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Best advice I can give you especially financially. SMOKE IT. Vaporizers will just piss you off annoy you and cost you money. I’ll still use my vape by more and more I’m using it less and less. Vaporizers just can not compete with smoking Spain relief and relaxation. I’ll get to sleep smoking I won’t with a vaporizer. I invested into a vaporizer that turned into 5 different vapes 2 grand later. Plus avb is weak AF. I smoked 3 bowls of it and barely caught a buzz. Same with eating it. Seriously though chronic pain is my primary condition and I wish I started out smoking. The pain relief is so much heavier and better. My only complaint about smoking or biggest complaint over using more cannabis is the come down is annoying. At least when I vaporize I can vaporize on the hour or every 30-40 minutes and there is no long groggy come down it’s ur high them next minute back to normal where smoking it’s a longer come down. Plus these vaporizers are so expensive when they breakdown they basically tell u buy a new one your sol and I went through 3 pax 3s in under a year and 2 nights in about a year and a half.

6. If smoking makes you feel anxious, try something with a bit higher CBD content. Keep trying different flower until you find a strain that makes you feel good and in less pain.

7. Thanks for your balm recipe Granny, that I read a very long time ago. Works great on my joint pain. My son is getting his first bad joint pain in his hands @32 and has started using it as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's the dumbest thing I've heard so far this week, but it's only Tuesday. :rolleyes:
    Any inhalation method, combustion being the worst, is wasting copious amounts compared to eating it. But to rank smoking ahead of vaping is really ludicrous. Seems you just have issues operating simple electronic devices.

9. The post is about anxiety and chronic pain and smoking beats vaporizers 100% of the time for pain relief. I have no issues with electronic devices. When I need the best possible relief when it comes down to the 2 I smoke.

10. I like vaporizing concentrates, you can then collect the reclaimed residue and make edibles with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum