New head unit/speakers

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by phillymaniac49, Nov 24, 2011.

1. what's up fellow blades! I'm getting my christmas list together and at the top of it is an upgrade to my car audio system. I'm not looking to go balls out, I just want to improve the factory speakers/head unit, and eventually the rest. But for christmas I am going to ask for a head unit/two speakers to put in the front doors. I've narrowed down to 2 bundles that include a head unit and 2 speakers and would like some help as to which one to go with. (other suggestions are open!)

Kenwood KDC-108 CD Receiver/Speaker Package Includes KDC-108 CD receiver and KFC-G1620 6-1/2" speakers at Crutchfield.com

OR

http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_...S-GF1622X-6-1-2-inch-Speakers-.html?aff=72182

2. Get a head unit that can control and charge your iPod. My Pioneer DEH-2200UB only cost me something like $80. That and some Kicker 6.5" speakers are what I'm running.

Don't fuck with Walmart shit, especially their Boss/Pyramid/VR3 shit, it's all cheap crap and isn't worth it. I had some VR3 speakers and they blew in a week.