New guy with a few questions about hydro..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zzxyzz, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Hello to all awesome website, new grower here and I have a few questions. I'm trying to grow snow white and ak-48 plants but I'm confused about a couple of things.

1) During germination after seeds crack does it matter how I put them into the starter cubes(some say sprout up)? Also should the starter cubes be soaked over night?

2) After germination should young sprout be placed under lights?

3) Is it true that by adding PH balanced ice cubes it helps the plants with nutritional intake? If so how much ice should be added?

Thanx for any answers

ZZ

2. 1. Doesn't really matter which way you put it in. It should right itself. I always try to put it in tap root down, but like I said it really doesn't matter.

2. Once the sprout breaks the surface it needs light. Until that point you can either give it light or not. It won't make a difference either way.

3. Never heard about the ice cube thing. Personally I would think it would slow your plants doewn as it would make your res too cold. Like I said though, I have never really heard of the technique so maybe someone who has can comment.

Good luck.

3. putting a few ph balanced ice cubes in the res. might not be a bad idea. With hydro warm water is your enemy. The roots don't like it as much and it invites algae to grow.