New guy needs help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by andyroony420, Aug 8, 2013.

Lol I like this howwando guy .

2. #22 howando, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013

No worries, man, though it's probably not your last question ;)

If you only have small plants and have a decent sized pot, you might not need a load of extra nutrients at all.  If you are looking to add something extra, either because the soil's getting tired or you want to try and maximise your yield, then  plants which are flowering and fruiting use extra phosphorous (P) and potassium (K), and less nitrogen (N)

There are various "bloom" products available that have appropriate NPK ratios, although be aware that some "max" and "big bug" products are an extra supplement to other fertilisers, and may contain more sugars and stuff than actual essential nutrients

Don't go crazy with the feeding, mix it 1/4 - 1/2 strength, and water it normally a few times between each feed.  Be aware that adding stuff to your water can change the pH, and this can build up in the soil causing some essential nutrients to be locked out.  If the leaves start looking weird then you might need to flush it.  There's lots of good info about nutrient burn, identifying problems with the leaves and how to fix, so take a look at the stickies and some "help is my plant sick?!" threads to give yourself a heads-up.

Be cool, plants have been growing on their own for millions of years so try to keep a light touch.  Once you've grown these and know what to expect from them, you can use your experience to develop your next grow.  Again there's lots of good info around about things like LST,topping, scrog nets.  Take a look, you might decide you want to top these one's now because it's quite straightforward and 

effective, but if you do you'll need to let them grow out a bit more.

Good luck!

3. #23 howando, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    I see you've already posted a topic about a bit of nutrient burn, so maybe back off a bit with your feeding.  Plants will grow best when they have enough food, and more wont make them grow any better (it could even poison them).

Soil has nutrients already,  Since you're growing these with relatively little light you probably didn't need to feed them yet anyway, maybe the larger one since that's the one that's going to grow the most while the others catch up.  The small ones in small pots will want repotting before you even think about feeding them, and the small one in the big pot won't need anything but water for a couple of weeks.

4. When u say don't go to crazy with feeding, then give me a couple measurements, what do u mean by 1/4 ??

5. i mean quarter or half strength to start out, like if the instructions say 4ml per gallon then start out using 1-2 ml per gallon, and see how you go, especially with the small plants

6. Mine came with no instructions.
    I've been using organic nutrients not even sure what its called , I just know its sea weed based or something like that.
    It's a brown liquid that smells like a septic tank,
    Idk the plants seem to like it so, ( other then when I was givin em a little to much and burnt one but not bad ) the burn only effects one leaf.

Here's what they look like today, this one is a female . :) got some pistols a couple days ago woooo.

More questions...
    How much u think this little girl could possibly yield? Just looking for an estimate if that's possible..

Do u by chance kno of any organic flowering remedys that would be high in phosphorus and potassium?

Attached Files:

7. [quote name="howando" post="18620022" timestamp="1378210321"]
    No worries, man, though it's probably not your last question ;)

If you only have small plants and have a decent sized pot, you might not need a load of extra nutrients at all.  If you are looking to add something extra, either because the soil's getting tired or you want to try and maximise your yield, then  plants which are flowering and fruiting use extra phosphorous (P) and potassium (K), and less nitrogen (N)

There are various "bloom" products available that have appropriate NPK ratios, although be aware that some "max" and "big bug" products are an extra supplement to other fertilisers, and may contain more sugars and stuff than actual essential nutrients

Don't go crazy with the feeding, mix it 1/4 - 1/2 strength, and water it normally a few times between each feed.  Be aware that adding stuff to your water can change the pH, and this can build up in the soil causing some essential nutrients to be locked out.  If the leaves start looking weird then you might need to flush it.  There's lots of good info about nutrient burn, identifying problems with the leaves and how to fix, so take a look at the stickies and some "help is my plant sick?!" threads to give yourself a heads-up.

Be cool, plants have been growing on their own for millions of years so try to keep a light touch.  Once you've grown these and know what to expect from them, you can use your experience to develop your next grow.  Again there's lots of good info around about things like LST,topping, scrog nets.  Take a look, you might decide you want to top these one's now because it's quite straightforward and 

effective, but if you do you'll need to let them grow out a bit more.

Good luck![/quot

Wanna see how they turned out ? :)