new guy needs alittle help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stickyjs, Mar 17, 2015.

1. So i am soon to be receiving this grow box :http://pcgrowcase.com/hydroponic-grow-boxes/10-pc-grow-box-hydro.html

For weeks n weeks i have lurked the forums on grow guides n different builds n grow setups.
    My main concern is when should i feed my sprouted seed. And exactly which nutrient /supplement it should receive and when. Also what is proper ph level for soil grow.(to many different levels of ph shown in different grows) Please help me out

These are my seeds that i purchased , my first grow is going to be with the polar express(beginner friendly)

Attached Files:

2. I personally start my seeds directly in starter soil, only starter soil with no nutrients at all. I leave it until i see roots growing out from the sides and then i transplant to a bigger pot and i fill that with organic soil mixed with perlite and lots of it, within another week i start feeding my babies fox farm marine cuisine and american pride guano mixed in organic soil or can be dressed on top of soil and watered when need be.  Thats what i've done and so far its working great. 

Good luck and have fun!

ph 6.5
    rh 30%
    temp 79deg

3. Good luck, stickyjs.  The only thing is don't believe the hype about how much and how fast.  I don't know of any strain that will finish in 60 days.  I believe some autos may say they will, but I haven't heard of them coming in at 60 days, especially dried and cured.
    I like your selection of seeds.  You are going to have to do lots of training.  Unless you already have, read up on LST, topping, etc.. The box says you grow horizontally so that's LST.  Let us know how it goes, please.  I'd be real interested in your review of the box and how your grow goes.  Maybe do a diary?

4. P.h. 7.3-7.5 in veg and 7.5-7.7 in flowering and how long before you need nutrients depends on your soil that you have. I use fox farm ocean forest it is the best and I usually don't start feeding until about 3 weeks from sprout but if you have a cheaper soil no worries just feed about a week earlier.

5. Is this ph not a bit high, 6.5-6.8 throughout I'd have thought if you in soil

6. Oh sorry I'm a bit stoned haha I meant 6.3-6.5 veg 6.5-6.7 in flower.

7. Please tell me you didn't pay that listed price for a computer case and a few £1 CFLs? 

Nice selection of seeds, but only grow one at a time. You will have a hard time growing just one plant in that as it is, you wouldn't want another one to add to it 

When to add nutes depends on what soil you use, what size pot you have, and how fast the plant is growing. But 3 weeks in isn't a bad rough estimate if growth is normal 

8. Well honestly yes im not very good at building and this was biggest case i can get on my tight budget. Also it says on most of my selection good for beginners and im also very patient and good learner
    Any good ideas on budget build buys

9. Also what are some good strains to start with , that have good effects and also good yield

10. Yes i will start diary and also keep everyone updated with pics on box and progress

11. #11 jumper420, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    I spent 89 on a 3x3x6 tent 110 for 6" 440cfm high velocity fan carbon filter and speed controller and 136 on a 400 watt hps..335 free shipping on all equipment
    .. ill be interested to see how this pc works out for you and how quickly you upgrade

12. Honestly i have thought about getting a tent but i seen some over 200 can you link me up i may soon get second build

13. #14 GoldGrower, Mar 19, 2015

Tight budget? You didn't need to spend all that money man. We live in different countries so any links I could give you on products wouldn't be much use but everything can be bought from eBay. A tent £40, a small HPS £100, a high quality exhaust fan £40, a quality carbon filter £30 and thats all the basic stuff. All the other things are just pocket change if you're growing in soil

I don't understand how it's good for beginners except for the fact of beginners wouldn't know any better. The more room you have the easier it is to grow. Keeping a plant, pot, and light in 2' of height is possible but far from easy 

Anything that has a fast flower period is what you want. I have had a blue cheese running for a year or so now and it's ready for harvest in 8 weeks flat, great smoke and low stretch. There are countless strains out there though. Don't pick any for their growth properties, pick it for the type of smoke you want. Although I would stay away from long flowering sativas. I have a tangerine dream grow now and it flowers for 14-16 weeks and stretches 3x the height from when it's switched to 12/12. they are about 4.5' tall 

14. Correction i meant 400

15. #16 GoldGrower, Mar 19, 2015

What size area do you want? 
    In the UK you can get 2x2' tent for less than £40, and a 4x4' is about £50 

16. Also i mostly need stealth build ATM. Living in tight area

17. #19 GoldGrower, Mar 19, 2015

I don't know what a tight area means. I keep my tents in a spare bedroom. visitors never go in there so I'm not worried about how they look. Quality fans are quiet and a quality carbon filter will eliminate smells. The carbon filter and fan on that pc is unlikely going to cope with marijuana so you should keep an eye on that. It will probably be ok all the way through to the middle of flowering I would have thought. 

I'm sorry if it seems like I am bashing your set up, if you designed and made it yourself I would have a different opinion on it. It's just it bothers me when a company throw together 30 bucks of equipment together and then charge hundreds for it. 

For the same money you could have put together a system that would give you many times the yield and a lot less work due to having more room