new guy has questions about ez clone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fuzzyOne401, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I use the clonex gel on the stem and a very light solution of the root hormone in the H2O. Mine rooted in 5 days in my bucket system, no reason yours shouldn't show very soon. Do you have the little white pimple type bumps on the stems below the collar? It won't be long after that. Idk where there going after the cloner but i would suggest, just because its my future plan that if going into soil let the roots get at least 4-6" before transplant. I had one that was only a couple and it didn't take to the soil.

Good luck, BeZ..V

2. Roots started yesterday day four

ForumRunner_20111126_061504.png

3. Congrats, they'll grow real quick now.

BeZ...V

4. Today is day six. Very very minimal root growth is that normal to take so long?

5. 6 days, lol, thats fine. it's also a lot to do with genetics, which strain are you growing?

6. [quote name='"MalibuGym"']6 days, lol, thats fine. it's also a lot to do with genetics, which strain are you growing?[/quote]

Oh I was just wondering since the ex clone says 5 days. The strain is white Russian

7. yeah I think I heard around 10 to 14 is normal. if white russian is from the white widow genetics, I'd say 10 to 14 is probly a good estimate for significant roit growth.

8. Cool OK ya I think its white widow and AK 47 but could b wrong

9. oh I get it, ak47, russian .

10. [quote name='"MalibuGym"']oh I get it, ak47, russian .[/quote]

Oh shit Neva thought of that. Russian gun

11. It'd been 8 days and there are like no roots yet just these little tiny things barely starting. My friend said they should be way farther along and have roots everywhere. Also he said I'm only supposed to use clear rez when cleaning not to put in the reservoir he said that's what made em not root. But it says on the bottle to put it In the solution every five days wtf I doing wrong

12. it sounds like your friend is quite the expert. maybe he will share some of his pounds with you. you should be using only water, but if you have a little roots starting, it sounds like you're well on your way. I've heard of some strains taking 20 days. I understand your anxiousness.

13. [quote name='"MalibuGym"']it sounds like your friend is quite the expert. maybe he will share some of his pounds with you. you should be using only water, but if you have a little roots starting, it sounds like you're well on your way. I've heard of some strains taking 20 days. I understand your anxiousness.[/quote]

So the clear rez does belong in it right? U just dont necessarily need it? I also put in the clonex solution

14. Yep...You can also buy a pound of pool shock(ace hrdw) for 5 bucks which makes 450 gallons and is the same as clear rez. Just add 1 gr per gallon. Hydrogen peroxide also works...

15. OK is it normal after 8 days to look like this?

ForumRunner_20111130_212628.png

ForumRunner_20111130_212652.png

ForumRunner_20111130_212724.png

16. I'm no expert by any means at cloning, but I'd say no.
    How much of the clonex solution did you use per gallon? A half dose is more than enough.
    What's the light schedule? I prefer 18/6.
    That seems like an awful lot of stem beyond the collar. It don't look like the 45 cut is at a node, or scraped at the bottom 1/2 in or split vertically up the stem 1/4 in or so. But there still green so there's still hope.

Good luck, BeZ...V

17. Can u explain exactly where to cut and ima just dump it and clean it and make more. I didn't scrape anything

18. I had better luck once I started to cut the 45 right were a leaf grows out of the stem, a good friend helped me out and I watched a video on YouTube. After you take the cutting from the plant, make the 45, take a razor and lightly scrape the stem about a half inch from the bottom. After that split the stem vertically from the tip down to were the 45 stops. You only need to have about an inch if that beyond the collar.

Good luck, BeZ...V

19. [quote name='"BeZtoken"']I had better luck once I started to cut the 45 right were a leaf grows out of the stem, a good friend helped me out and I watched a video on YouTube. After you take the cutting from the plant, make the 45, take a razor and lightly scrape the stem about a half inch from the bottom. After that split the stem vertically from the tip down to were the 45 stops. You only need to have about an inch if that beyond the collar.

Good luck, BeZ...V[/quote]

Ya I'm dooshing the machine out yesterday today gonna flush it again and cut some more clones.
    I didn't scrape or split the stem so that's what dude at grow store told me to try scraping it said u dont have to split the stem but ill try both ways and make a bunch go for broke this time and hope they root :)

20. Remember that 1/2 dose of clonex is plenty, you could use more but its just a waste.

BeZ...V