New Guy, Day 6, Update

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheNoober, Apr 17, 2016.

1. So, we've made it to day six. Plants are about 2-3 inches tall. Second set of leaves are already bigger than the first. pH checked in at 4.82 for the water from my faucet. Not exactly how to read my ppm, but the output meter says 0020. I watered them on their second day, forget exactly how much. Haven't watered them since, but things are starting to dry out pretty good. 45% humidity at the moment. 72F temperature. Potting mix was 40% perlite to 60% specialized organic. We'll see if I have any luck with it. Will have to check the runoff and see what that measures out at, but these ones look better than the first run a couple months ago, for sure.

User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Thoughts?

2. Runoff isn't so important, what goes in is important. You're not feeding them 4.82 water are you? you want 6.5 ph for soil. At 4.82 you will definitely get some nute lockout. measuring soil runoff is confusing because if your feeding 6.5 water when checking the runoff your looking for about 5.5 if your soils in good condition. I don't really get the why but i've read on multiple trustworthy sources that's just how it is.

3. I agree with PNW, get you ph up to 6.5 to 7.5 for soil and DON'T overwater.
    The pic tells me your light source is too far away. They are really stretching
    G/L

4. Thanks for the help, folks.

My last batch stretched out like that, got all long and spindly. I just popped my heat in the tent and lowered the aerogarden light down.

I've only watered once at 4.82. Going to have to order a pH up/down or find a home remedy. As far as overwatering, it's been a week since they've been in the ground now. Granted, I gave them moist soil to begin with, but I've only lightly watered once, so... Hopefully, I won't run into too much overwatering.