New growth very light green

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Hoolign69, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Hi all. I have been leaving a ton reading posts here but I need help! New grower. I'll include all I can:
    plants 3 weeks old
    all in coco
    using GH FloraNova nutes
    Full Spectrum LED in grow closet
    coco ph hovering around 7 even though all feedings at ph'd at 6.0
    RunOff tests at the correct ph (6.0)
    switched from my filtered tap water a few days ago to distilled water (sick of starting at 100ppm)

I raised light about 6 inches and fed a tea yesterday after allowing plants to release some moisture.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. think they need bigger pots , they could be root bound and not taking up nutes ,,,,mac,

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks, I'll check the bottom of the cups when they dry a little...

4. switched from my filtered tap water a few days ago to distilled water (sick of starting at 100ppm)

There's nothing wrong with 100ppm. That's a good starting point, unless its sodium. If its from hard water, the minerals are usually good for the plant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I start at close to 250PPM and it works out fine
    and it looks like a CAL/MAG issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks, I think I've worked out that the LED was too close... I've used CalMag as a base at 250 ppm the whole way... could be too much? IDK, they have been fine with it up to now.

7. I dont use LED in veg I use T5 right now so I keep them pretty far away - in my bloom room I use LED and I keep them real close

8. They look hungry. Go back to tap water for the reasons stated above. 250 ppm is a good feed for seedlings. You probably can transplant to one gallon pot in a week or so but I would mix 30% Perlite in with coco

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The change in the plants corresponds with my change in H2O... I will revert back... Thanks a lot for the quick responses. The inner leaves are also sticking straight up currently?? Also did this last night before lights out.

10. That’s good. She’s praying then, means she’s worshipping your lights

• Like Like x 2
  11. Current Situation:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. These new pics suggest a magnesium deficiency. If the interveinal chlorosis continues, consider adding some epsom salts to your regime.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Turns out it was Iron deficiency...

14. Nice to know! I have similar symptoms from time to time and I'd hit em with epsom salts.
    How did you determine that it was an iron deficiency?

15. #15 Hoolign69, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Well, research, research, and more research. I looked at the picture of leaf deficiencies ( Nutrient deficiencies and excesses in Cannabis - Alchimia blog )
    And thanks to Soil2Coco!
    My issue mostly looked like an iron issue. I also know that I've used CalMag the whole way liberally so didn't think that could be it. Switched to RO/Distilled H2O about 5 days ago and that is when the issue started. So, as in science class 35 years ago, I assumed the hypothesis and started my fix (went back to tap, also added iron chelate in small dose to the worst plants) and they are already bouncing back!

• Like Like x 2
  16. oops, duplicate

17. Thanks Soil2Coco!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Now I’m only 36, but I’ve read about old timers throwing some nails into their soil for the iron as they rust becoming available to plants.

• Like Like x 1
  19. just throw in a chevy quarterpanel, plenty of FeO2 there ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Read and heard the same thing! next step if what im doing doesnt work but I believe it already is working...