New growth tip yellowing / burning after switching to 12/12

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Klix0101, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hi folks, I thought I’d post up here as y’all have been able to provide solid advice with previous runs.

im 22 days into flower at this stage. Plants appear to be thriving but I’d really like some thoughts on what may be causing the yellowing tips.

Tips are yellowing / burning just on the new growth. All the previous growth remains green and healthy looking. I’m suspecting nute burn but I’m not 100% certain.

Grow details are as follows:
    3 different strains
    Coco / perlite in 5 gallon fabric pots
    Daytime temps 75 - 79f
    RH 45% - 50%
    I water and feed once a day (morning).
    I water until I get about 10% runoff.

I continued to feed veg nutes for about 10 days after flipping to 12/12.
    PPM of veg nutes was between 700ppm and 750ppm. I was PH’ing to 5.9 - 6.1

I’m using tap water that bubbles for at least 24 house before I use it.

I’m running Remo nutes, full line, including the remo cal-mag.

Veg was amazing and growth was vigorous. Plants stretched really well after the switch...

Once I switched to flower nutes, I continued to feed at about 700ppm.

During veg, I would regularly test runoff and runoff PPM was typically around 600ppm.

After the switch, runoff PPm went up to about 900ppm. One plant went as high as 1000ppm.

I have since run a lot of lower strength nutes through the coco at approx 350 - 400ppm and now runoff is about 600ppm.

Runoff PH has been reading between 6.4 and 6.7. (I’m not sure if runoff ph is useful).

All of the plants are showing tip yellowing in new growth only and some are a little more prominent than others.
    The plants are still growing very well and praying hard!

I’ll attach a couple pics for reference.

What do y’all think?

Attached Files:

2. You're probably right, mild nute burn.