New growth shoots look like a canoe

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by GeraldsFinest, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Hi guys,
    I’m 22 days into my first coco grow using Cannas line of nutrients and coco medium. My tent has 4 315w cmh lights that are raised all the way up. I have ac which keeps the temps where I want them (75-78) and my RH is about 55. I have two hurricane fans on low to circulate the air. C02 comes from a exhale bag inside the tent, it also comes from outside the tent when I open up the doors. I feed everyday at 600ppm of canna ab ,Rhizotonic ,cannazyme. PH 5.9 water temp 70. Aside from my RH being a little low for veg I feel like my environment is dialed in pretty good.

Now with that said I’ve noticed some of the new chutes and secondary leaves look like a little canoe. I don’t know if this is normal and that I’ve just never noticed it that much, or if there’s something I need to correct. I also feel like my plants should be bigger for there age considering they are fed once a day but maybe not. What do you guys think? Am I on track for 22 day old plants that I got as 5” tall clones? Shouldn’t I be seeing nice white roots growing out the bottoms?(there are some) any advice for a noob grower would be great. Should I see algae on the perlite at the bottom holes of the pot? Thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. I water till 20 percent runoff

3. I think of leaves up trying to catch water. Leaves down trying to protect itself. That’s just my messed up thinking.

Algae is ok imho