new growth pale pale green!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blackloopus, Feb 28, 2011.

1. They dont look to good. I had an experienced grower come over last night to take a look at them. He said he had never seen anything like it before.
    They clones under four 1000w. In Bx and perlite ratio of 1 :3. They were transplanted a week ago. Fertilized as per instruction using General Hydroponics. PPM around 840 before. PH 6.1. Temps are fine. Its not a deficiency.
    THe other batch of clones are all fine.
    I flushed them today and two days ago after I noticed the change in colour. Any experience would be great here.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Are your temperatures during the dark period too cold? That would be my guess.

3. Hi.

Looks to me like theres a Zn (Zinc) deficiency. Yes, this type of def certainly has its tell-tale signs. Check the Micronutrient content on the label, and see if it contains any.
    If not, there are tons of good Micronute products out there.

Thats the fix, man. Good luck.

Freak
    :smoke:

4. I would also be inclined to raise the Ph up, about .4 more.

Freak

5. the nutes cover pretty much everything including Zinc and Iron. I am going to raise the ph up a bit when I water them next.

6. night temps are late 60s to early 70s. normal.

7. Ya it looks like Zn deficiency to me too. A little more info on the subject.

Your case is fairly severe also, so you need to get on top of that quickly imo.

8. zinc, potassium, magnesium or calcium are all sup
    plied in the fertilizer. ph levels are 6.1 -6.2. The same plants are being grown in the same medium using the same fertilizer same 3-2-1 ratio and are doing fine.

9. It's irrelevant that it's supplied in the ferts. It is being locked out and is unavailable to the plants even though you are feeding it. It's 99% a zinc lockout imo and you need to address it. Have you tested the run off PH or just the PH of the nutrient mix?

10. ph run off is 5.8 to 6.3 taken under different drain holes. so an average of 6.1.