New growth issue/question?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by FarmerJames, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hey All,

I have overcome some issues and seen substantial growth of late. I am still concerned about the appearance of new growth on my girls. Temp, PH, TDS etc are good (as far as I can tell). New growth is appearing yellow and twisted. More details and pics can be seen on my grow journal:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1020176-northern-lights-xbig-bud-rdwc.html

I am suspecting a macro nute deficiency. Perhaps zinc?

Let me know what you think?

Attached Files:

2. Something is definitely off. Are you sure your pH is stable? Sounds like it could be zinc or copper deficiency, since your new growth is wilting like that. Can you give more info; are there spots on the leaves, discoloration, crispy leaves, etc..?

3. PH is stable @ 5.6.

No spots.

New growth is very pale green. Almost yellow. New growth is also a bit "rough" feeling instead of smooth like the earlier growth.

The pics in my grow journal show more detail.

4. #4 FarmerJames, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    I did find one single leaf on one of my plants with yellow spots on it.

I changed out my nute solution and put a little more GH Micro in the mix.

Any thoughts on this issue? The leaves that were "new growth" a few days ago are now mature and look pretty bad. The newer growth is looking poor also.

5. Well I began seeing additional spots and damaged tips & margins. I thought the problem was solved. The new growth looks mor normal now but it is still twisted. The yellow spots spread to a handful of leaves. I removed the worst ones (pictured below).

Any thoughts?

Attached Files: