New growth is bright yellow - whats the problem? Pics included

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Puffthemagickraken, Feb 23, 2016.

1. #1 Puffthemagickraken, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    1st time grower.

4 plants, 3 unknown strains, 1 blueberry strain. From seed. Non-autoflowering (I think?)
    Transplanted into 7 gal pots a week ago.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest with 1/4 perlite.
    18/6 cycle started two weeks ago from 24/0. I want the transition to 12/12 to be easy on my plants and because the growth was extremely slow.
    Exactly 2 months old in veg.
    Lights are (6) 300w equivalent soft white and (6) 100w equivalent bright white CFLs. Lights sit about 8 inches away. I found this distance the best for these. When the lights were super close, growth was very very slow.
    Watering is once a week, 1 gallon per pot.
    Nutes are DynaGro Foliage Pro given every other watering at the recommended amount (1 tsp per gallon).
    Temp is between 70-75 F. Humidity is around 50% around here. I don't have a thermometer or anything, I base these off being indoor temps and the humidity in my area based on weather stats.
    Airflow is good.
    Topped once and LST'd.

I want to put these into flowering, but I want to make sure the plants are healthy before I do so. Granted in the beginning I left for a weeks time and became underwatered early in life and I may have given too much nutrients early on, but I cut back on the nutes and my last watering that was supposed to be with nutes, but I didn't, I chose to water without nutes because I was afraid I gave them nute burn. Everything looks decent except for that one plant and the fact that I'm getting the claw on most of the plants. I'm afraid to give more nutes because I may have given too much earlier on. Should I flush? Please help, I want to put these into flowering, but I want to make sure they are healthy before doing so. If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like N def

3. #3 Puffthemagickraken, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    That was a thought, then I did some research and N def would be affecting the oldest, lower leaves first. And in my case, it's the new growth that's being affected.

I actually flushed the one most affected, so I'll see if in a weeks time it helps. Everything is pointing to N toxicity or even an Iron def, but I'm not sure.