new growth from switching from cfl to hps and good fert slowing down plant in flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Golden Lungs, Feb 24, 2013.

1. i had my first little expiremental plant before i start my seeds i bought from attitude it some shitty miracle grow and under about 150 watts of cfls. the MG was causing a lot of leaves to drop and turn yellow but the buds were doing ok
    then a few weeks ago i started adding some biothrive flower and then last week i got my hps. my plant had already been flowering for maybe close to a month maybe less.
    and now that ive been giving it the biothrive and switched over to hps my plant has been exploding with new bud sites every where and the top kola is getting huge.
    i feel like it realized it has a lot more potential to grow now and there are a shit load more white hairs and tons of new little bud sprouts popping up where i had trimmed before

dont get me wrong i love that the plant is doing better but i feel like it should almost be finishing by now but now i feel like its going to flower for close to another month and i want to really start my biodeisel that i got and the orka too.

does this make sense to u guys? do u think its going to take longer to flower now because of all this new growth? and is there any supplements i can give it to hurry up and finish? should i trim off the new little bud growth? i dn... i really just want to start my real grow becuase it is going to yeild much more and i feel this plant is going so slow and wasting my time.
    also the bottom buds seem to be a little more mature than the main kola
    any help would be much appreciated. :)

2. also my leaves look a lot thicker and shiny/plasticyer than before which looks more like the other plants i see on here is that a good thing?

3. dont do any of the things you said let it finish. Also need more info on plant is it indica

4. not sure tbh, this one was a bag seed that came from some real bomb shit. the rest of the seeds i have are all strains i ordered but this was kinda a test run. it looks like a hybrid to me. the leaves arnt super skinny but not super fat either.
    i was told it was kali mist which would mean sativa but who knows if thats true.

5. with a pic will help

6. it's very unlikely to be from the light change, it probably would of done this anyway. this is normal. your a month in, you probably have another month to a month and a half to go. the bud will keep growing for this time. you will notice it fattening up the most in the last couple of weeks