New growth dying!!, PICS please any HELP??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Lekter, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Hey farmers, this time ive got a SITUATION, i recently went into flowering (soil 100%organic) i did one last foliar spray since i thought i had a magnesium def so at about 1 week of flowering i spayed mg & baking soda and 1 day later i find that the plants have this shiny coating on them as if they were wet, the ones closer to the fan had a white residue ( powedry mildew Likeish...) Ive had that before so I think its just the baking soda residue so I let them dry out a bit and do another foliar spray with ONLY R/O water to clean them through, although 1 of the plants was already starting to show this,.....
    I also just started 2ml x litre of Pura Vida Bloom..
    Dont know what could be going on with this, my las soil ph check was between 6.5 and 7.1 and have watered with 6.4 6.5 to bring it gown just a bit last waterings...
    FIRST & LAST TIME with foliars sprays after going into flowering, even in early stages.....Im cursing the momento i decided to foliar spray to fix some "spots" on some of the plants.....:mad:

Attached Files:

2. Anybody have any insight????

3. Have you recently trimmed any leaves from the plant?
    I know that without sufficient (extra) water that can happen to heavily trimmed or topped plants.

4. I havent done any trimming to the leaves only FIM topping at end of veg what has caused this I THINK is the baking soda foliar spray which was too concentrated and left a white residue on the leaves and brought the ph way up, which i think was the cause of the leaves burning abit and dying , on some of the plants i see a P defficiency which is caused by a ph lockout even though i started with Bloom nutes alreasy, gonna do a flush today and see if i manage to solve this problem... Thanks for the reply

5. The white residue is from the baking soda. The plants also look burned with fertilizer. Rinse the foliage several times and flush the soil once before resuming feeding. Once the stigmas show you should stop foliar feeding. The fertilizer will burn the stigmas off. The damaged leaves will not recover, look at the new growth to see if the problem has stopped.

PW

6. [quote name='"pointswest"']The white residue is from the baking soda. The plants also look burned with fertilizer. Rinse the foliage several times and flush the soil once before resuming feeding. Once the stigmas show you should stop foliar feeding. The fertilizer will burn the stigmas off. The damaged leaves will not recover, look at the new growth to see if the problem has stopped.

PW[/quote]

I dont think its nute burn since i use all organic at 1/4 strenght and i just gave it its first feeding with 2ml pura vida bloom with the normal watering I only did the foliar to take care of an apparent mag defficiency which was the reason i used a product LIKE epsom salts that had magnesium but also a higher baking soda % which caused the ph in the leavesto fluctuate drastically . I did a R/O water spray the day after to get rid of the residue but its still there. I would keep foliar WASHING but since im in the second week of flowering i dont want the humidity going up nor the white hairs/pistils that have appeared be burned with the combination of water left in the leaves and lights... Thanks and i will flush today and give the last couple of litres first one with phed water and last one with the nutes.