New growth and bud site on top of my colas?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KyHomeGrown, Jul 29, 2010.

1. #1 KyHomeGrown, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
    Second grow, with the same bagseeds, had many issues not knowing what this strain is or what it will do so I harvested early the first time. Now this time I have let them go to week 13 and just now are showing amber, so I started flushing. In the last week or two the buds all are getting new growth and more bud wanting to grow from it. Its like a new shoot coming right out of the cola and producing a whole new bud site on top of it, pic#2 even shows how new leaves and bud are on top my colas. let me know if you know anything about this?

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      270.6 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      231.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Is this normal? ANyone?

3. Yes. The plants will continue to grow until you chop them down.

4. I have a really strong sativa strain (bagseed also) and mine is doing the same thing...the main cola has about an 1/8th inch of space then a smaller bud growing ontop of it....this happened to mine when my timer was on the fritz though and for 2 or 3 days they got a wack night schedule which is what i believe to have done it to mine.....but maybe its normal?

5. Plants trying to survive until chopped and some (the sativa phenotype kicking in, maybe?) will be supercharged about it.

I grew some Mazar (not one of my favorites anyway) that would do this alot. If I was still waiting on some maturation, I ended up cutting the light back to 8-10 hours or in some cases just shutting it down for the last few days.

6. Well, the two big plants that are doing this are still maturing, all others are drying as we speak. However I have added three new babies into flowering only a few days, but if I cut the light back to say 9-10 to finish the two large ones will that have any negative effect on my little ones?

As for the new growth, I now see sativa strains on seed bank sites that have the same thing, it has to be a normal deal. It just doesnt seem like that new growth is going to plump up to amount to anything, though it is covered in Trichs, big time, even the leaves are covered more so than regular leaves, guess my hash will be extra good this year.

thanks everyone!