New Growroom advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by drew-k, May 29, 2007.

1. High everybody:D I've been reading on the forums here for a while and think I have everything I need for my first grow. I will be using soil and the area I'm growing in is about 5'x5' (will post pics)

Heres what I have so far:
    *Mylar for the walls
    *A 400w digital ballast (HPS & MH conversion)
    *MaxWing reflector
    *A two lamp fluorescent fixture (for the begining & clones)
    *Fans
    *A window a/c unit

I'm going to start my grow with 6 plants and keep however many females there turns out to be. I will be starting a grow journal when I get the room done setting up, but wanted to just ask if there is anything else I need to do when getting my room ready? Thanks guys!

Drew-K

Attached Files:

2. Looks good, what are you doing for ventilation and odor control, what is your growing medium going to be? Do you have a pH meter yet, you should have one. What ferts are you going to use and have you got your cloning gel/powder yet.

3. Hey chimera thanks for the response, I don't really have any ventilation because the room is sealed off except for an a/c vent on the floor, I have several fans to keep the air moving and I'm dealing with the odor with a ozone air purifier. My window unit a/c keeps the room at a constant 75d F. I'm going to be using a soil mixture and have an electronic pH meter. For nutes I'm FoxFarm Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. I don't have any cloning gel yet. Will this work with me not having any out-vents??

4. Looks like you are going to be sleeping net to your plants thats awesome, right on. I wish I could sleep next to mine. My wife would kill me if I moved the bed out to the garage building seperate from the house. Good luck with your grow bro!:smoking:

5. If the room is sealed then you will need to provide CO2 or put some ventalation in, because with out replacing you CO2 your plant will die. I think you will find that ozone air purifiers are fairly ineffective at removing MJ growing odors, especially if its a stinky variety. I vent mine into the attic, to take care of the smell and heat.

6. How would I go about venting to my attic without cutting big holes? (the atic door is just outside my door) do you think if I vented out one of my windows people would be able to smell it if I'm on the 2nd story? What do you think my options are? Thanks again

Drew-K