New growers see this (CFL) guide

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RjadSavage, Aug 23, 2012.

1. #1 RjadSavage, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Im also a new grower currently growing one plant right now but i have the capability to grow four but im not under certain circumstances of items im missing, people have pointed out my mistakes and given me many good tips and this is what iv come up with thats cheap works and you will never get caught if you have a sealed mouth with a zipper too.

Okay the first thing is you want to buy a Ph meter for water and for soil (if not buy one that works for both) Walmart sell's a Ph meter for 16$. The second thing is you want to buy Perlite and Peat moss from Home depot or any other store you can find that sells this like a hydroponic store gardening store ect. Thirdly you want to buy pots that have holes on the bottom for the water to come out not sealed ones in any size really but i prefer 3gallon pots because of my grow space. Fourth you can buy good quality seeds online from Attitude seed bank i recommend auto flower's or Fem seed's so u dont waste your time and money. Fifth if your a beginner i recommend using Cfl's its certainly up to you though if u decide to go Cfl it uses less heat then a Hps but for the price of less lumens but dont get me wrong you can grow a great crop with Cfl's in right positioning you can buy a four pack of "Day light" 6500k Cfl's and a four pack of "Soft white" 2700k Cfl's that are 23 watt for 16$ Me myself i might be wrong but i use 100 Watts of cfl per plant not my grow space im still learning too but i go that way and dont follow the clf bulb equivalent use the actual watt of the bulb which is 23watt if you buy those types. sixth for the nutes use the fox farm series for soil but do NOT nute your plants until the first month! start at 1/4 of the strength and work your way up and only feed once a week i believe if you dont feel safe and afraid of getting nute burns once two weeks to be safe Im using this exact grow setup except for the soil which i screwed up that was cheap and had ferts in it ( a different soil ) so now im dealing with nute burn thats why i changed the soil to peat moss with perlite you should be able to grow a great garden with decent amounts of bud and be able to make the 150-200$ you spend on this guide easy and you also need to buy a timer which home depot also sells for cheap im not sure of the price though

Questions usually asked
    1. What time should i set it to? - This depends on you i do 24hours on completely some people like 18 On and 6 Off but i find that its easier for 24hours since when u flower at 12 On and 12 Off you get 12 hours of dark to compensate for the hours u missed vegging and your plant will double even triple in height during flower
    2. How close should Cfls be? - Close to the plant but not too close i keep mine at 2-3 inches away but i have quite a lot of Cfl's so i keep my eye out and you should always too ( dont let your gaurd down)
    3. How much Cfls are needed? - As i said above their is 'technically' two rules if im not mistaken the other one that im not using is a certain amount of lumens per sq ft and since it got a little complicated for me i decided to go 100watt per plant
    4. How much Bud will i get? - Depends on how you position the lights two on the lower part of the plant two on the upper a couple on the middle a setup like that or all the lights above it also depends on the nutes a little the strain and how much care u put into the garden... thats all i believe i didn't miss anything if someone thinks i should add something or edit anything let me know this is another great cfl guide here http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122824-kamels-cfl-guide.html new growers should also see this and also these three links http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/873879-how-tell-whether-your-plants-male-female.html http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/567829-ph-what-means-your-plants.html :smoke: Im just trying to be helpful and try to help anybody using Cfl's for any reason be it financial or lazy to go to hydroponic store scared of ordering online or just plainly likes Cfl's not to mention the fact its harder to get caught :hello: peace. Almost forgot another question commonly asked What spectrum for veg and flower? 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower for vegging dont be afraid to mix it up example four 6500k bulbs and two 2700k as for flowering im not sure but feel free to experiment ( : * keep in mind to not use Peat moss and perlite alone! use some other type of organic potting mix too! that does not have ferts/nutrients already inside so you dont nute burn your plants like me..*

2. sure will sir. thanx