New grower.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mag22265, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Hello. I have a question about growing. I just recently decided that the state is taking too long to open recreational dispensaries, so I'm going to grow my own. Marijuana has been legal for over a year and a half and still no legitimate place to buy. I've pretty much gotten enough good information and places to go to online at every stage, I just have a question. I was told to buy 15 gallon pots. I got a package of 5 of them. My, they are big. Can I put 2 different types of marijuana plants in one pot? Should I use maybe a card board divider or give them their own pot all together. One of them is White Widow auto-flowering, and the other is Gold-Leaf Feminized. I realize that you don't want a male and female to close together. I got a few seeds for free. Those I will keep separate.

2. 15 gallons? Good lord are you trying to grow a red wood? I would probably advise against growing 2 plants in a single pot just thinking about it I can see a lot of issues arising. Are these going to be indoor or outside? If I were you and I just go buy something more reasonable like a 5 gallon pot.

3. Thank you. I am planning on growing them outside as long as I can. Living in Massachusetts, the weather is so unpredictable here. If it starts to get cool. I have an "exercise room" that I don't use for exercising in any more. I go to the gym to exercise. Instead I will use it to exercise my right to grow. Lol. I just got my purchased seeds Friday. I started 2 plants. Plus I have 5 seeds that were given to me. I don't expect much from them, but I planted them Thursday and 1 already sprouted. I guess I should have stopped and thought about how big a 15 gallon pot is. I know how big a 5 gallon bucket is. I guess when she told me what to get I didn't stop and think maybe it was a typo.

4. Its not going to really hurt your plant being in such a large pot. It just means you can keep it in veg for basically ever and not worry about running out of space for the roots. Autos just don't get very big since they automatically go into flowering so it might look a little goofy having a smaller plant in such a large pot. I can notice a difference in the amount of water and frequency between a 3 and 5 gallon pot, so 15 might be a little touch and go. Good luck and welcome to GC.

5. Thank you.

6. If you started when most outdoor guys start in April/may, the 15 gallon pot would have been great heading into flower. It’s really too late to expect to veg more than a few weeks until she starts to flower here soon. I would plan on setting up an indoor space (better weed anyway) or Just plant in a 3-5 gallon pot and hope for the best outside

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you. Well the plan is to keep them on my deck outside for now. I had to bring them in because it started raining, and they are still in Styrofoam cups. I have all but 1 covered with plastic wrap. The one that started to sprout I took out of the plastic. I still need to get some newspaper to lay out on the floor, but I have a room to keep them in as it gets cold. I plan to start a couple more in a month or so. I have 30 seeds. I know I don't need 30 plants. Lol. I figure I'll do a couple at a time. and see how much they produce. This is my first time growing, so if I'm going to make any mistakes it would be best to learn from my mistakes on just a couple plants at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Remember some will be males if growing regular seeds. Also it’s not the cold that will stop your outdoor veg period, it’s the sunlight hours. Usually in August they start to flower so unless you want them to finish small, you’ll want them indoors before then.

9. 1 of them is an auto flowering and the other is feminized. Plus I have 5 seeds that I don't know what they are. Those I do plan to keep separate. Thanks for the info. I think I will grow the Gold leaf inside as soon as I have the area set up for them. It's still in the works. Again, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lots of help here if you need it. Good luck

11. Lots of help here if you need it. Good luck

12. It is really late in the season to start outdoors in MA, but should still be a fun time. Mid August they will start flowering on their own if left outdoors*, which isn't much time for veg growth at this point.

*I don't know anything about feminized seeds or auto flowering, so YMMV

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

13. Ok so autos arent the greatest choice for outdoors. They really need 18+ hours to yield. If i was u i would save those pots for photoperiod seeds. If u are going to grow only outside u are a little late. Plants need a min of 13.5 hours to stay in vegetation stage. So in a month or so all of us with outdoor plants will see ours start to flower. So if u are going to try to grow outside other than 4/20 to 9/1. U could in the winter supplenent light somehow. Bring them in at dark and give them light inside for like 8 hours. Any bright light can keep ur plant growing so u wont have a 6 inch plant flowering

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk