new grower who needs advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cobra99, Jul 25, 2011.

1. hey guys im new to the site but have been smoking for years. i got some seeds from a friend who told me they were "Blue Dream" although I'm not sure it was entirely accurate. I started growing them outdoors in Wisconsin at the start of June. They are now a foot and a half to two feet tall but i noticed a difference in the branches connecting the leaves in two of the plants. They have a red tint and are shorter than the other plants. I was wondering what the reason for this is and also when i should expect my plants to start flowering. thanks!

2. hey Cobra, the reason for this difference in growth and color is different phenotypes. within a gene pool (blue dream) there are many phenotypes, just as brothers and sisters from the same parents are all different. you will have to select he best as far as yield, smell and potency and clone from that.. you can flower them anywhere from 1.5' to 4'. hope this helps, good luck

3. thanks alot for the help! when you say i can flower them what does that mean? can i get my plants to flower by manipulating them or do i just wait for them to do it on their own?

4. I live in appleton,,
    Yes you could put a garbage bag over them after they get 12 hrs of light to start the flowering..
    12/12 but ive only read this b4

5. hmm yeah ive been reading that but then some people are saying no just let them flower by themselves. im just worried bout em cause our weather is fucked up and i dont wanna miss out on the buds cause of cold weather

6. Yes I guess u are right, there were those last couple of days of rain and cold were fucked up.

7. Give it some time, I'm sure some people will help you. I haven't done anything outdoor so I don't have any advice sadly :(

Flowering a plant however is a stage of growth the plant goes through. Each stage of growth has a different amount of daylight it's supposed to have. I suggest researching into the sticky threads some more or just use google. That's how I found my knowledge of growing.