New Grower - What to expect and suggestions

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by paxp, Sep 6, 2015.

1. I have one 4-week old seedling that is thriving - new nodes and lots of new leaves every day (the picture shows it at about 4 weeks), and I was hoping I could get some suggestions from more serious growers so that I can continue to care for it properly and maybe even get something out of it.

I have no idea what kind of plant it is, whether it is male or female, etc… I started it just for a fun experiment (after buying some very seedy bud) with no expectations, but seeing it thriving the way it is makes me think it would be cool if I could actually get something out of it.

Some background that might be relevant - At 1 week I decided to transplant the seedling into a bigger pot, using some leftover potting soil I bought for herbs. At about 2 weeks I put a light on it, since I'm still in early spring and my balcony isn't getting much sunlight. I'm using a desk lamp with a 20W Compact Energy Saver bulb (220-240V 50-60Hz 30mA Warm White, 1300lm 65lm/w), and keep it on a few inches above the plant for about 15 hours/day.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1