New grower, "wardrobe" tent, bagseed

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DyeNasty, Mar 16, 2012.

1. thanks for the compliments! everyone else included as well,

To TheIdahomie

thanks for that info, everything i read about supercropping included that but i made sure i researched my training techniques before attempting any, this is all experimental for me at this point, and as i mentioned in a previous post i let her grow vertical through most of veg... so some of the lower leaves actually were gettin little to no light... i also noticed that after i trimmed, my node separation went from 1/16" to around 1/4" she literally stayed at like 7" tall for a week or more, kept growing fan leaves and started her first branches....she was settin up to be a mutant, i even came across someone elses journal who had a plant that looked like my growth was following the same dead stop pattern. i fixed that shit real good

2. Hell yea, way to be proactive. Im all for science and experimenting, that's why I love bagseed, ya never know!

3. :D indeed im all about science and experiments..

MINI UPDATE

my jumping unrooted seedling seems to be recovering from the smallest case of root-bind... a little more color, and it appears to be getting water up into the leaves.

4. MAJOR UPDATE

my girlfriend and i have decided to get a roommate at the end of the month, so we had to go superstealth... total cost to go completely stealth up to this point $200,

we went down to the local surplus store and picked up a wardrobe tent thing that fits in the closet perfect, and a 5 1/2" 120V fan, the things a beast,i built a diy carbon filter out of some cotton sheeting, and a small wire garbage can, works amazing. it still needs lined with reflective but i got two emergency blankets, the dimensions of the tent are 36"x20"x65"

she also has this sewing machine, came in a real handy white case made out of hard plastic, so with the help of a knife, some electrical parts and know how, and a computer fan, i now have a small vegging or clone chamber as well,

grow box 001.jpg

grow box 002.jpg

grow box 003.jpg

grow box 004.jpg

grow box 005.jpg

grow box 007.jpg

grow box 009.jpg

5. #45 DyeNasty, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    :wave:So its time for a big update,:D

i went down to the hydro store yesterday and bought a 125W CFL, all he had was the 6400k, but more light is better, right now my tent has 265W. in mixed ranges. :devious:
    007.jpg
    you can see that i already moved two of my seedlings into the tent and 12/12 lights,
    008.jpg
    and i have 1 more established seedling(Left), a germed seed i buried yesterday(in the square container), and in the middle i have a cutting from jasmine i am attempting to root,:eek:

Jasmine is doing great, side growth starting off all the branches, shes reacting well to the most recent topping, all the preflowers i have seen appear female, and theres a slight smell at night when my filter fan is off.:hello:

DAY 43/11
    017.jpg

and here you can see the extra growth starting along the branches
    022.jpg

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      232.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      415.3 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      453.4 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      418.5 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      306.7 KB
      Views:
  6. more pics of all my plants....

here is my cutting, Jasmine Junior(J.J.) 24hrs in the plug,
    010.jpg

the two seedlings from the 14th, "small shittin thinger" my girlfriends pick, the smallest seed we had(left) and A in a hempy pot on the right.
    004.jpg

more pics of A @ 8 Days
    012.jpg

Thinger @ day 8
    014.jpg

and Rex II @ 5 days
    009.jpg

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      213.4 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      420.8 KB
      Views:
  7. Awesome work with that LST. Stay aggressive with it. That tent is awesome haha. I havent seen one of those used yet. Pretty good idea. Keep up the good work and lots of pics :D

8. thanks man, i love how she is reacting to the LST! i think her clone might end up becoming a few more clones, i have a few stressful experiments planned! :D

9. yea, that's some really nice work with the LST

10. so its time for more pics, the ones yesterday were 24hrs old cuz the uploader wasnt working, there is none of the clone but it is doing good, still keeping wet, not drying out

here is "B" day 3 :devious:
    003.jpg

Rex II the red headed stepchild, all deformed and twisted:confused:
    004.jpg

"thinger" appears to have some kind of nute burn:eek:?? already cut the dead leaf off :(
    006.jpg

"A" is doing great! i think the tap root may have reached the "water-table" at the bottom of the 16oz Hempy pot :D
    009.jpg

and here are some beautiful shots of Jasmines side growth. :D
    011.jpg

013.jpg

A beautiful overhead shot! :hello:
    016.jpg

11. As some of you may know, i have big plans experimental wise, i have decided to come up with a small list of some of the more interesting ones that will remain ongoing throughout my bagseed grows. :D

Ongoing, or in the beginning phases
    -100+ Bag-seeds in
    Ongoing Audio Stimulation Trials ~ alternative genres, dubstep, radio static, local talk radio, etc.- currently on local rock station
    -"Topsy-Turvy Upside Down Tomato Planter"-
    005.jpg
    -Rectangular LST-
    here is the screen i plan on using, it also fits perfectly in my veg chamber to keep germing seeds in solo cups:D
    001.jpg

I cant decide if i want to start at one end of the screen and just go up the length of it, or if i should start in the middle if i do it like below it would involve a great deal of lollipop style clipping... any ideas??
    009.jpg

Planned experiments
    -"Magnetically Balanced" soil-
    -Magnetic Polar Influence on growth and flowers-
    -Locally made "Plant Energy Crystals"-
    -Bonsai Mum-Master Kush-
    -low levels of light during "night"
    -"Wrap Around" my 125W CFL-
    -Vertical Grow~~Wall Of Green-
    -Home Cross-breed Master Kush with Grape Ape-
    -Home Bred Feminized Seeds-

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      191 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      337.5 KB
      Views:
  12. #52 DyeNasty, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    so my first cloning attempt was a fail... it dried right out even in the humidity dome...

Jasmine, Day 48/16
    Showing definite female flowers. Nice white hairs! :D:hello:
    003.jpg

Thinger Day 13/5
    soil grow, the taproot is already 2 inchs out the bottom of the pot:D
    005.jpg

"A" Day 13/5
    Hempy Pot, Tap Root Not showing in bottom :eek: lol, random bagseed genetics, :D
    010.jpg

REX II 10 days
    24/0 lighting still looking really deformed the second leaf set has mild deformation, hopefully it doesnt continue to grow this way.:mad:
    012.jpg

"B" 5days
    24/0 lighting, I put the rack off centre on the pot so training will involve less trimming hopefully.:D
    014.jpg

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      323.3 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      272.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      286.3 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      285.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      357.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Looking good sir. quick question, at what week do you remove them from the solo cups into bigger pots?

14. I'm quite liking this! Love the LST work.

15. :hello: thank you, im lovin the LST as well,

16. So Its been a few days since my last update. i have some close ups of jasmines flowers from yesterday and today. as well as some photos of my other plants,

Day 51/19 (Yesterday)

015.jpg
    Beautiful Flowers :D
    021.jpg
    023.jpg

Day 52/20

This one below is from roughly the same angle as the second one from yesterday. :D noticable growth over 24hrs
    004.jpg

005.jpg
    some shots with a Bic for size comparison
    007.jpg

More pics of the others to come

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      299.2 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      317.6 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      455.7 KB
      Views:
  17. Thinger
    Day 17/9
    Doing amazing! for being such a good girl she got her first feeding at half strength, (Botanicare Pro Bloom Soil Formula 1-4-5 and Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus 2-0-0)
    003.jpg

"A"
    Day 17/9
    I think i will be throwing this one out and not using a 75% perlite mix ever again, it Hasnt grown at all since the 27th, all but the top most recent growth is dead, :(
    009.jpg

Rex II
    14 Days @ 24/0
    leaves seem to be "canoeing" unsure as to why, there is a hempy pot style cup over its original so that there is a 1/2 inch water in the bottom after waterings, any ways it seems fine so it has been moved into the "flowering" area, getting its first dark as we speak. :D
    010.jpg

"B"
    9 Days @ 24/0
    doing amazing, in an experiment i cut off the tips of the first leaf set a couple days ago, and growth has exploded! quickly catching up to the 17 day old "Thinger"
    012.jpg

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      286.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      250.9 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      233.8 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      362.9 KB
      Views:
  18. well i got a few normal plants left..... here is the full update on the youngsters... jasmine will be in the next post :Dt

Thinger 20/12

She is doin amazing, and will be left to go her natural course, moving to a bigger pot i think within the week :D
    April 3 003.jpg

"A" 20/....

........... no pictures, she has not changed, but is still not drying out and still has green, so she is back in the veg chamber now, i faintly hope for recovery still......

Rex II 17/3

Please Help! she is in the same 75% perlite mix as "A".... are they just drying out too fast?? should it be moved back into 24hr light... the flower wardrobe runs about 26 Celsius midday with 30-40% humidity and the veg chamber is same temps but 40-50% humidity
    April 3 006.jpg

"B" 12 days

As you can tell i had a spur of the moment idea to start training while in the middle of taking photos, nothing serious yet just tucked some leaves down, it seemed to brighten her up underneath instantly :D
    April 3 017.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Jasmine 55/23

She is doing amazing the pics speak for themselves.
    April 3 015.jpg

Attached Files: