new grower talked into the coco method.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bongthra, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Staring with dutchman coco coir.using botanicare cns17 coco nutes,cal mag,super thrive.plants are in week two.I just transplanted from soil into my coco yesterday.I started feeding after transplant 15ml of cns17 grow,1 teaspoon of cal mag,and 1\4 teaspoon of super thrive.all mixed into 1 gallon of distilled water that I left opened up for 24 hours.I saturated the coco perrty good.shortly after ph level was 6.7 but as of today it is 7. Is high,I was told that the cns17 would keep the ph level where I need it,but so far its not happening.if any body has any helpfull input it would be much apperciated.thanks bongthra.

2. I once had a grow that was virtually identical. Then I read a thread in the organic growing section, something alon gthe lines of "InTheGarden's easy organic soil mix for beginners" where the coco is mixed with a bunch of other things, and none of the bottles or meters were needed after ward. It was nut's and IMO a good way to grow.

3. you dont need the superthrive, you might need the cal-mag but i quit using it cuz i run tap water. just remember when in coco to use light feedings because we feed often. i also use botanicare products and for a 2 week old plant i use around 7ml of grow w/3ml of karma, my max is 12ml grow w/5ml karma and that is for 1 big-ass plant just before the bloom room. also im a big fan of run-off when i water, i just ph to 5.8 and dont give a shit what the ph says as long as im always pushing the old water out.

4. Does the karma help ph down?am i even checking it right.for right now i just have a cheap soil ph meter from home depot.it reads.7.how do i check the run off?

5. no the karma is a supplement for your nute mix. i dont know how to check ph run-off as ive never done it, but you need your nute mix to be at a 5.8ph or close anyways.

i use this cheap meter, had it for goin on 3 years and still works great, only deal is that it needs to be stored in a cup of purified water or calibration solution when not in use for a nice long life

Milwaukee PH600 Digital Ph Meter Tester Pocket Pen Pool Pond Water Meter Only | eBay