new grower questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenbud18, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, this is my first attempt at indoor growing.I have a couple outdoor grows but nothing serious. Anyways I gotta couple questions. I just ordered a 1000 watt hps mh combo magnetic ballast. I know its gunna be putting off alot of heat but its a wing relfector So im just looking for a way to keep it cool.I was also thinking bout buying a 46x46x72 grow tent.Would a window ac be efficent in the same room? maybe a couple smaller fans in the tent? any advice is helpful thanks everyone!

2. Have a fan blowing on the bulb, and good ventilation at the top of your tent removing that heat.

Try the fans first, let the tent run empty a couple hours and check your temps. If it's too high add the ac.

3. inline fan or exhaust or just a regular fan?

4. That's a big lamp. Personally I think you would of been better off with a 600w with that area. what about buying a cool tube/shade reflector? They are great for ridding heat, and you can get the lamps closer to the plants then, probably getting as much light from a 600w as a 1000w

5. kinda to late man. I just orderd my light last week and got layed off from work yesterday :( I got a couple rooms i could grow in that are like 8 by 8.that would help with the heat right?

6. Your gonna need a high velocity fan to pull cooler air in and push the hot air out. Try to vent the hot air outside or to another room. The window AC I would install in the window and keep the room cooler as it will help reduce the temp of the ambient air being pulled in to keep the temp in the grow tent cooler.

7. Yes that would definitely help, plus you could grow a lot more plants. It will be a hell of a drain on the electric mind. That may have to be paid before you get your crop so you may want to keep that in mind considering you have lost your job

venting to another room would be needed. Not only are you wanting to rid the heat but you want carbon dioxide rich air coming in aswell so you will need an air intake too. I have never used an a/c so can't comment on those