new grower question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kush-money, Mar 1, 2010.

1. So I have been reading around and decided to do an outdoor grow instead of doing a grow set-up in my attic..(too-hot) no vents and dont wanna cut any holes..
    I have found the perfect spot to grow..a mile from town and its got a creek with plenty of fish in it..so the water source is good. only accessable by my john boat and private boat ramp..so no public eyes!:wave:
    My question to you experienced growers is what is my next step after scouting the area making plans, etc.? What should my supply list consist of? When should I order my seeds and start to germinate and such to them( get them ready)? I have read that the rubbermaid idea has worked well so I plan for that. What do I need for my "super soil mix"? Any other Chemicals needed? I am doing the grow on a South Facing hill and I live in the Midwest..:smoke:

2. I have a lot of the same questions as the OP.

What should my supply list consist of(as in what brands and quantity) and where is a good place to find them? I want to make a list and go to the store and grab everything I need(soils and whatever else is needed). So that I am prepared and can focus solely on growing.

When and were should I order my seeds from also what type, I have heard northern lights?

Like I said I want to make sure I have all of the materials so that when the time has come I am ready to grow. I just have to walk to my spot and get going!

3. I'm not sure how how good the soil is. There is not much clay if any that I am aware of. The grass gets pretty long so no one will see me, maybe even 5-6 feet high in some areas, there are trees, but not tons of them. there are a bunch of little hills, maybe 4-6 feet high for the most part.

the only thing im worried about is not making a noticeable trail to my spot, even then(for the most part) the only person that goes back there is my dad... And if he were to stumble across it, I'm not too worried what the outcome will be if that were to happen.

I might end up ordering seeds tonight, I'm just not sure what to get and where I should send it to.. is my house okay?

4. #4 Mikeydoes, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks a lot for your help. I've been reading so many forums its hard to find which is the best, and a lot of it starts getting confusing since I'm not too sure about nutrients and soil, although I'm sure its not too hard. I just want to make one trip to the store and have everything that I need.

I have looked at that thread, and it was and will be more than helpful. I'm sure my answers are in there, but its hard to understand everything hes throwing at me. It would be much easier if I just had a grocery list, but i think i found someone's in a different thread who is in the same predicament as me.

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/558329-outdoor-grow-planning-help.html

5. well considering this is my post..the soil is a rich black timber soil very little clay unless you get down deep (5ft) then its clay/sand mostly..and what would you reccomend for a "hardy growing" plant that can deal with "flex" in temperatures because on the days its hot as 70-100 and at night it some time gets down to 50-70