Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Grower question.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Phyllo65, Oct 31, 2015.

1. I have heard that it is not advisable to try to grow auto-flowering varietys in the same space as other non-auto strains. Can anyone verify this and does anyone know the mechanism it "messes" with the non-auto plants? Is it a gas like Ethyline, given off by ripening apples that makes tomatoes and bananas ripen faster?

2. It's the light cycles. Gas... L-O-L

3. No.

4. As odd as it may seem, MANY plants, suck as pineapples (bromiliads) are triggered into flowering mode by Ethylene gas. Tomatoes are picked green and shipped in ethelyne-flooded trucks and arrive t their destination red. Dont discount the possiblility of a plant that is NOT light sensitive to get to flower, to released natural plant hormones...I can personally think of 3 off the top of my head.

5. Think I read that after the guy who said that joints run because of nitrogen and phosphorous. You hear all kinds of ridiculous stoner science but I looked it up and this is legit.

If your grow is ventilated properly, no gasses will accumulate anyway, but it is an interesting concept.

6. Even in a very well ventilated room, even small amounts of plant hormones in the form of gasses can wreck havok. When I was in college, carying an apple through a greenhouse was an executable offence! and there were VERY well ventilated greenhouses. Thank you very much for the info! It's going into my notebook. I am attempting to breed a strain for a patient that wants as little THC and as much CBDs aspossible...Cannabis rudealaris seems to have a lot of the genetic
    s I am looking for.

7. You botanists are next level how do you even do that man "as little THC and as much CBDs aspossible" fucking wizards