New grower please help with problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Kyli3Boi, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Hey everyone.

I am a new grower and this is my very first grow.
    I do not know the strain as it came from unknown bag seed. Please check out the pictures and try and help me find out what is going on with these.

I have 12 in veg at the moment. They have been growing very slow due to what is think was to low temp and humidity but i have managed to get that sorted out now.

The problems i am having is that like 10 of the 11 look like this.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    20170802_152459.jpg
    20170802_152415.jpg

The other problem is that 1 of them have this fan leaf that has twisted like this.

20170802_152441.jpg

Please help me if possible to figure out what is going on.

Thanks

2. Give us some info on your setup and temps and humidity.

It kinda looks like TMV

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. My setup is a 1.2m x 0.7m x 1.65m tent with a 400w HID light (not cooled), 4 inch Centrifugal fan exhaust, 10 inch fan inside tent for air movement also. Temps are around 25c and humidity around 40-50% (highest i can get it).

4. @virginislandsherbs I was also thinking it could be that after finding pictures that match my plants. I have spent around 2 hours with a 100x microscope checking all the plants and can not seem to find any of the Broad or Russet Mites so i am not sure if that is the problem, surely i should have seen 1 if it was a bug problem

5. So after another hour under the microscope I still have found no mites.

Other things I have done is raised the light by a few cm and turned the fan inside the tent to blow against the side of the tent instead of directly towards the plants.

I'm really out of ideas on how to fix this so please any more help would be great

6. Agreed that it looks like Russet mites - How to Get Rid of Broad Mites or Russet Mites on Cannabis Plants | Grow Weed Easy

Fortunately I haven't experienced it yet - knock on wood...

From the linked page above:
    "The main way to spot an infestation is the damage they leave behind because usually the mites themselves are too small to see. They like to hang out inside crevices of leaves and in your buds themselves, and lay eggs inside the plant so you don't see them. One of the biggest reasons broad mites and russet mites can be so difficult to diagnose is you rarely see any signs of bugs, and you don't see bites on the leaves. For many people, they don't even realize a bug infestation is happening."

• Like Like x 2
  7. I had leaves look weird like that before because when the leaves start to grow and the fan blows on it it can make the leaves look like they are deformed from growing in nuclear waste but then again I could be wrong about this.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Okay so I have taken all your advise and I have started treating for Broad/Russet mites. Where I live it's really hard to get neem oil so I have picked up the only insecticide that says for mites which is a organic insecticide composing of canola oil and garlic.

I have ordered neem oil online and should have it in a week or so but for now will see how the canola oil goes and report back

9. Look into it more bro because If you use canola oil and then neem oil it may hurt your girl I'm not sure that it would happen but I always say better be safe than sorry. When I say that I mean like the 2 are different oil extracts and may cause a bad reaction or may not. Hope it all works out for you man

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. They are still in veg and are only a few weeks old so if it hurts them and they don't come right then I'll just cut my losses and start again. I'm so frustrated at this point I don't care anymore haha.

• Like Like x 1