New Grower....Please Help Pictures

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by colombiana, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Hey everyone.... So I am new to growing and all of a sudden having some issues with a few of my plants. The background of it all is that I'm growing in a 4x4 tent with a 600watt light. I'm using DWC - 6 plants total - each in a 5 gallon bucket with a pump and airstones.  I started growing from seeds - planted just about 2 months ago. I was going to switch to flower this weekend but now they are looking sick and I'm not sure why. I use Advanced Nutrients jungle juice. About 2 days ago the plants started looking a little thinned out and now the leaves are curling and there are spots on the leaves. Only 2 of the plants are having issues. The first 3 pictures are of White Widow and the last picture is of a Skunk plant.  The stems are also looking a little red/purple*ish. I'm thinking that it is a calcium deficiency but I really have no clue. Any help on what is causing this or how to fix it would be awesome. I have the PH and temp under control. Thanks guys!!

Attached Files:

2. It looks like you are overfeeding them. Back off with the nutrients for a week or so and see how she looks. Usually 2 good feedings can sustain a plant until flowering, and does your soil already have nutrients in it? If the answer is yes youre most likely dealing with nute burn.

3. He said he is running dwc so it is a hydro system. No soil so he does need to feed a little more than 2 times.

Anyways I think it could be a potassium issue but I'm not 100%. something to consider though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Nevermind phosphorus. You could always dump your reservoir and start it fresh. That usually cleans hydro problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. O. K. But i think hydro trows have a hugher chance of burning because f the immediate availability of the nutrients and the fact its in an enclosed system. I did a hydro grow before and had similar problems from just slightly over feeding it.

6. I'm due for a water change so I will see if that works.  Thanks!

7. What ppms are u feeding them? What's ur room temp on the top of the canopy? And do u have a fan blowing directly on them on high?