New grower on his second grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blackmomba, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Hi all, new grower here.

First grow was disastrous towards the end. I had a big temperature problem that I wasn't able to get under control which ruined flowering. I wasn't ready to start growing

Now I've got a better grasp of the environment and I started a new grow that's roughly 6 weeks in. I'm looking to see if there is anything glaringly wrong about the look of my babies.

Top left is Cali OG Kush/Haze, it's about a week behind. The two others are Dark Angel

20181024_200304.jpg 20181024_200314.jpg 20181024_200345.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nice...tight internodes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. They will look great a couple weeks into 12/12. It will stretch beautifully I bet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks dude, thought I'd post an update. I give them about a 130ml of water every day at 8:00pm. I thought that would be too little but they look okay I guess? No nutes yet, too worried about fucking it up

Day 53

20181108_102411.jpg 20181108_102357.jpg 20181108_102352.jpg
    20181108_102345.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Looks good to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the 1st grow might not have went well, but it sounds/looks like it taught u A LOT,
    this run is looking awesome.!!

remember....... from the start of 12/12, those girls will be 4 times bigger at the end of flower,
    Do you have an estimated flip date.? (one more wk, 4 more, 6....???)
    Are you going to pot up one more time for flower.?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thank you for the feedback.

I think soon would be a good time, 7-10 days. It's mostly the one closest to the camera that seems to me to be a little small compared to the one that's behind and to the right. They were planted at the same time. In fact, the one at the top left was planted 1 week after the other two, and it seems to have caught up at least in size

I moved my light closer to it about 4 days ago just a little in case it wasn't getting it's fair share.

What does potting up mean?

8. if they get any bigger they will need transplanted to a bigger pot before flower.

what kind/wattage light r u gonna use for flower.?

9. Looking great, second the comments about needing a bigger pot though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just sitting down for some lunch.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

These pots are hand-me-downs from a fellow grower who mentored me for awhile. IIRC, he made it through a full grow using these up until harvest. I've never transplanted a plant this big obviously, seems challenging to me.

Metal Halide for the flowering bulb but I'm unsure of the wattage. Another hand-me-down part. I'll have a second look at it tonight.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but what a fulfilling experience it is to grow from seed on your own. I have two kids and these plants give me a lot of the same feelings my kids do when their well behaved. It's almost like I feel connected to them, I smile and I can feel them smiling back. I never thought I'd give a shit but I'm feeling so much excitement as the days go by.

11. the good thing is......
    after 20+ yrs of growing a lot of that excitement is still here.!
    they will make it through harvest, but watering will get very frequent, maybe once a day or more.......??????

about what size r the pots they r in.?

hell man, I m finishing plants in less then one gallon of coco mix.!!
    WIN_20180928_00_32_39_Pro.jpg
    with covers on top, the roots fill 90+% of the mix and only need watered every 1-2 days at their peak.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sorry for the late replay @Slow Old Guy

These are the pots. About 9.3 gallons is my math is right

So the bigger the pot, the bigger the roots.. more watering for more roots I guess? I'm not exactly sure.

13. they r bigger then they look in the pics.!! 9 gallon should do it, 5-15 gal is kinda standard.

they r looking great man, might need to start a bloom fert when u flip em to 12/12.!

14. Thanks @Slow Old Guy, any recommendations for some good fert?

Last pics before they go into flower

20181114_074717.jpg 20181114_074726.jpg 20181114_074738.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. General Hydro Floranova Bloom 4-8-7

• Like Like x 1
  16. You may want to transplant.

I have about 15 plants in the same size pots you do about, and I have to water them... every....single.....day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you

I don't mind that too much, if that's the only drawback. Gives me something to do.

How much bigger would you go?

• Like Like x 1
  18. People tell me 5 gallon minimum

• Like Like x 1
  19. Day 12 of 12/12

They got big, fast. Tips of some leaves became yellow I believe because they were closest to the light. A little bummed about that

Got a bottle of floranova bloom but haven't started it yet

DSC02938.JPG DSC02939.JPG
    DSC02940.JPG DSC02941.JPG DSC02942.JPG
    DSC02943.JPG

20. They're looking wonderful. I like fabric pots simply for how easy transplanting is. Roll the pot off the root ball. I'm currently in a 30ish gallon plastic pot and regret it.

• Like Like x 1