New Grower Needs Help ASAP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Packthepipe_johnson, Aug 9, 2018.

1. I have a seedling and she came out with a helmet on her head. I gentle took the helmet off and she have been leaning every since. I was wondering two things.

1. Is she going to die?
    2. Is there a way to prevent said death?

Please, any advice is good advice. upload_2018-8-8_18-7-20.jpeg

2. Happens..Keep spraying (lightly but often, water) her in hopes of softening the shell..If not..you may try to prop up the stem with toothpicks and try using 2 other toothpicks to pry off the shell. Looks like she is trying to green up (good sign) and might straighten up herself to shed that helmet..I have saved a few and lost a few..Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not quite yet!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the advice! I blocked that other guy lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. I believe the OP thinks you were messing with him and put you on Ignore..

7. IDK..never tried lifting it..
    laugh fatty.gif

8. If What's been unleashed.is BAD..the Ignore button is very close;)

9. #9 toolzor, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    I would try and support it if you can, if the leaves are not attached together (meaning if they are separated) try and see if you can open them up a little so they hopefully perk up to the light.
    Honestly though usually if this happens this early it's a death sentence, but don't give up if you feel it's worth trying. I've seen plants come back from things like this, but usually if seedlings aren't nice and perky it's a bad deal.

Next time if they come up with a helmet on top, leave it on for a little bit, try not to pull it off. If it's very easy to rub it off then okay fine, but if you had to force it off in any way, it should have been left alone.

Try not to worry too much, this won't be your last mess up, growing is a big part trial and error. Don't beat yourself up about it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I think it’s standing up now. It has only been about an hour under the light. Do you think it just needed more light and the leaves will open themselves

• Like Like x 1
  11. If it's healthy, that's a safe bet, get me a picture of how it looks now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. As the leaves green up..they seek light and will try to force that cap off..(it is actually held on with a sort of glue like stuff)..If it doesn't come off in a day or two..the plant will dies as it can't make food in her starter leaves..Tough choice, but keep spraying.

• Agree Agree x 1